Jake is wishing Mr. Whiskers a very happy National Cat Day, but Mr. Whiskers would really rather just be left alone in his box. You know, like most cats. Then again, it might be because today is also Hermit Day, a holiday Daria can get behind 100%. A (refrigerator) box might do for now, but that cabin in Montana is calling her name.
- Credence, by Astrocar82 (part 5): "'Here is the plan,' Jane once Quinn and Stacy had turned back to her and away from Sandi. Jane then reached into her pack and pulled out a jar full of moving things."
- The Depths of Cedars, by ognawk (part 1): "As he walked past a door, a cat walked out of the room. Tom crouched to stroke the cat and suddenly heard a voice in his head. Just leave! Tom looked at the cat with confusion. Funny, that cat just told me to leave, he thought."
- Dylan, by J-D (part 32a): "'Dad? Mom? I've been thinking. I can't be an athlete forever.' Dylan pricked up his ears. Kris was telling their parents what they'd want to hear, so if that was the bait, where was the hook?"
- An F-ing Butterfly House (Getting to Casa Lane), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "'Ok so remind me again why we're here.' Dean muttered to his brother as the four of them separated from the school kids they had tagged along with to get in."
- A New Direction, by peetz5050 (part 16): "'C'mon, let's watch a crappy movie and cheer ourselves up.' Jane managed a weak smile. 'I really would like to see one of yours, how about it?'"
- Phoebe's Keep (It is October, after all), by peetz5050 (COMPLETE!): "He was interrupted by the door of the alehouse being opened abruptly and a number of men came in. A voice said. 'That's them.' And that's where the fight started."
- ST: Dyson Sphere 01: Sphere (Non Daria), by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 1): "'Captain, sensors have picked up a large gravimetric reading half a light year to our starboard,' she said. 'Intriguing; alter course to investigate,' the Captain said."
- Unnamed story (The All New All-Purpose Creative Writing Thread), by PrecambrianStudios (part 1): "Karis squinted as she tried to decipher the LED letters as they slowly scrolled across above the bus driver's head. But it was a useless effort; her milky-white eyes continued to dart all over the place."
- Unnamed story (IC: Helen of Hearts), by ashk09 (part 1): "Helen was halfway to the office, no doubt to another day spent sitting in front of a computer, or a desk-load of reports which would need to be leafed through and signed before close of business or they might lose a wealthy client, when the pain in her back returned; a sharp, knifing right in the middle of her spine."
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: Do What Now?), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "'Now Daria,' Helen said to her eldest child as they drove down the streets of their new hometown of Lawndale, 'I know that moving to a new place and a new school is a big adjustment...'"