Fireman Trent would like to remind everyone that today is Fire Prevention Day, so be sure you obey that Lane family rule about not building a fire in the rooms that don't have fireplaces. Jake would also like to offer a stern warning about the dangers of having paper towels near an open flame.
- Dylan, by J-D (part 30b): "As soon as they were out of sight, Rod came back down the ladder. 'Mission accomplished', he said. 'Five hundred large crickets released. Now we need to get out of here to establish an alibi.'"
- The Great And The Good, by ognawk (part 22): "'So are you sure you want to head into the lion's den?' Ashley asked, 'Sounds a bit risky.' 'I've got to do what I've got to do,' Tom replied, 'I have a plan in place, I just hope it works.'"
- Loss of Heart, by RLobinske (part 1): "The young doctor looked through the window of the waiting room door and watched the patient's family. Wife and two teenage daughters. She took a deep breath to steady her nerves and opened the door. This is the part that never gets better."
- Mack the Esteemer, by Shiva (part 23): "After practice let out, Daria and Jane only had to sit tight in the parking lot for a few more minutes before Mack came bounding out of the school, changed back into his regular clothes, and his hair still wet from the showers."
- Mad Dog's Legacy Chapter 12: Hometown Hero, by Hyrin (part 3): "The sound of Sherman's hand impacting on Daria's face echoed through the hallways, and every head snapped around to the source. Daria's response was swift and violent."
- More Than One, by KnightScarb (part 2): "'What do you want?' Li had started looking nervous. 'What I wanted was to get Evie enrolled then do some school shopping.' Helen said then she grinned evilly. 'Now I want your head on a platter. Have good day.'"
- A New Set of Rules, by Dennis (part 27): "Suddenly, a loud woman's voice was in her ear. 'Having a good time?' At least Daria thought that was what she heard, thought the obvious slur and the pounding music made it hard to tell. She tried to ignore the voice, but a blond-haired moon face filled her view."
- Put a Sock in It (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: Why, oh God WHY?!), by Roentgen (COMPLETE!): "Sandi was now in Quinn's room alone. She grabbed some socks from her overnight kit, and headed to the bathroom."
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Daria converts and others revolt), by Hyrin (COMPLETE!): "'No, mom. I don't drink at all. It's...' Her voice dropped to a mumble. 'What was that, dear?' 'It's...' Daria took a deep breath and steeled herself. 'It's against my religion.'"
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Daria finds out the FC is an escort service), by Charles RB (COMPLETE!): "Sandi made an exaggerated groan, like the ennui of a humpback whale, and threw herself back into the seat. 'This is so stupid, Dareea. Just because you have hangups--'"
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Daria finds out the FC is an escort service), by Charles RB (COMPLETE!): "'Hey, Quinn, you know what I found on the internet today? It was something really stupid.' Daria held up a printed copy of Quinn's Fashion Escort page."
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: Why, oh God WHY?!), by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): "'You know what Tommy Sherman's going to do now? Tommy Sherman's going to kick your ass! Come on, you little "misery chick", let's go! All fifteen rounds - right here, right now!'"
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: Why, oh God WHY?!), by Serrallonga (COMPLETE!): "She interrupted her thoughts when she heard a loud scream coming from her parents' house. Daria recognised that voice immediately as her mother's. Trying to control her fear, she dialed 911. Seven minutes later, she saw the lights of a police car."