Brittany's celebrating because today is the anniversary of the children's TV show Captain Kangaroo, which first aired on this day in 1955. Someone might want to explain to Brittany that there weren't actually any kangaroos on the show...but maybe we'll wait until she's put away the boxing gloves.
Meanwhile, Quinn is gathering the cuter technical types for Techies Day, the day we all celebrate the people who save us from the Blue Screen of Death. Stupid tiny hourglass! Spin, damn you, spin!
- ktrick45 shares a semi-SSW from his hometown.
- Discuss the U. S. government shutdown in a new Nick's Corner thread.
- Why do people assume that aliens will destroy us? Wouter has a few thoughts on the subject.
- Robyn has an image request for specific characters.
- If Daria and Jane were a double act, who would have which role?
- Place your bets on a fight between the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and the Power Rangers.