White Cane Safety Day, Daria is taking an even safer route by hiring a seeing-eye Jane to guide her home. Also relevant to this holiday is Michelle Smith from PrecambrianStudios's ASPS fanfic series, who is legally blind and actually does use a white cane. For more than one purpose.
Today also happens to be the anniversary of philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche's birth in 1844. We have Nietzsche to thank for Daria's line in "The Invitation": "That which does not kill us makes us stronger." I'm not sure he was thinking about wet lunch trays when he said it, though.
- If you keep getting 403 errors when you try to post at PPMB or SFMB, find out why it happens and how to get around it.
- welltemperedclavier has started two interesting discussions in Deep Thoughts: What You Like vs. What Is Good and Why Fanfic is Disdained.
- dulcinea is looking for fanfics in which Sandi is portrayed in a sympathetic light.
- Beavis and Butt-head could be making a comeback--see the details in the thread.
- Two new Iron Chefs have been posted in Creative Writing: Shiva's Daria characters joining religions and others react and Wassersauefer's Super-Powers which don't quite fit...