Mr. DeMartino is just thrilled to pieces that today is World Teachers' Day, which completely makes up for the meagre pay and constant thankless struggle he endures every single day!
Er...could someone go collect his eye? I think it rolled under that cabinet over there.
Also, happy birthday to the Sh33p's Fluff Message Board, which hits its tenth anniversary today. Thanks for everything, Thea!
- Daria as the Doctor, by ashk09 (part 3): "A plan formed in the Doctor's mind; it was risky, as it relied on the Daleks' lack of knowledge about the true capabilities of the TARDIS. 'I can get us through the barrier, but I'm going to need Jane's help to do it.'"
- The Difference a Year Makes (IC: Early Meeting), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "'You know that just a year ago if anyone had told me that I'd be where I am right now, I'd have just looked at them funny before walking away without saying a word.'"
- Doctor Ewwww: Life In Plastic, by ognawk (part 2): "'Let me get this straight, you could go to any mall, in any part of the universe, at any time, and you choose to go to Cashmans in Lawndale,' Jane said, scratching her head."
- Dominick Morgendorffer, by macross (part 9): "She turned back and saw it was one of the new comers to the school's self-esteem class, Jennifer Burns. The two girls had never really said more than two words to one another in all the time they had both traversed the Lawndale county public school system, so Jane was a bit perplexed by the sudden attention."
- Don't Mess with the Brush (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: Why, oh God WHY?!), by Serrallonga (COMPLETE!): "'Daria, do you think it was my fault?' 'Excuse me? Of course not. It was his own fault, in all kinds of ways'"
- Dylan, by J-D (part 30a): "'You're not planning on turning up at the school dance, are you, Dylan?' 'Why would I want to do that?' prevaricated Dylan. 'I'm spending the evening with Rod.'"
- Fashion Service (Iron Chef: Daria finds out the FC is an escort service), by KnightScarb (COMPLETE!): "'A Call girl, you really thought I could be a hooker. God Daria, I can't even slow dance with a guy without freaking out.'"
- The Great And The Good, by ognawk (part 21): "Jane was happy as she was walking across the room with a soda in her hand. People seem to really like my paintings, she thought. Her mood soon soured slightly when she noticed Cassidy walking towards her dressed in a one shoulder, sleeveless red dress with a rhinestone belt, with Tom accompanying her in an expensive tuxedo. OK Lane, just remain calm."
- Just a Phase (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: Why, oh God WHY?!), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "As the Lawndale Lion's cheerleading squad continued to do their performance even as the Lions kicked serious Taproot butt, Daria and Tom watched the spectacle along with the rest of Lawndale. But unlike the rest of the Lawndale, they weren't staring out of enjoyment."
- Life, There's More: Sweet Dreams, by RLobinske (COMPLETE!): "Lin waved through the viewing window and, looking weak, Paula smiled and waved back at him. Seated beside, her, Amy sat, gently holding an infant in her arms. The joy and love on her face was unmistakable."
- More Than One, by KnightScarb (part 1): "Helen saw her oldest daughter standing on the stoop holding a squirming infant. She noticed the clothes that she had never seen before, the long flowing skirt and black blouse."
- A New Direction (Iron Chef: My Dad, the director), by peetz5050 (part 14): "'Ms. Morgendorffer, welcome to Vitale, Horowitz, Riordan, Shrecter, Shrecter and Shrecter. Won't you please step into the boardroom, the Partners and I would like to welcome you properly.'"
- A Really Early Meeting (IC: Early Meeting), by Vukodlak (COMPLETE!): "'Can I help?' squeaked a voice. Daria turned to see a boy her age he had a whole sandcastle kit, shovel, pale, and the long rectangle pieces for easy walls. 'My sister Elsie's always knocking down my stuff too.'"
- Simpatico, by SacredDust (part 1): "Jane put down her fork and waited patiently. 'You said people have different sides to them, right? Go on.' Daria hesitated. 'Um...do you think we do, too? As in, you and I?'"
- Tom Sloane, Lax Bro, by Shiva (part 17): "It had taken a lot of hard work and training, but by God one Tom Sloane had gotten a spot on the Lacrosse team at Fielding and during his first game had scored the winning goal."
- Unnamed story (IC: Tom Sloane, Lax Bro TAKEDOWN!), by PrecambrianStudios (COMPLETE!): "Tom Sloane groaned as he awakened to the sound of beeping machines and his father's voice."
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Daria finds out the FC is an escort service), by ashk09 (part 1): "It was something that the older girl had never heard from her sister; fear, vulnerability. Quinn was normally so cheerfully confident that it seemed that nothing could breach her defences. It seemed like something more than a date going a bit sour."
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: Why, oh God WHY?!), by ashk09 (COMPLETE!): "They were barely out the door of the Pizza King when Daria suddenly clutched her stomach, almost doubling over in pain."