Pablo Picasso, who was born on this day in 1881. If you thought the Fashion Club was mad at that caricaturist, wait until you see what Brittany does when she sees this.
Meanwhile, Jake is cooking up a special dinner in the kitchen in honor of World Pasta Day. You've got your choice between penne a la pesto (Helen's favorite) or fettuccini bolognese (Trent's favorite). Just be sure to get it before it oxidizes!
And last, but not least, we celebrate the Feast of St. Daria. Now, I'd be the last person to call Daria a saint, but it's still pretty cool. Of course, the feast will have to be pizza, unless Jake's got some leftover pasta for us.
- Behind My Eye, by BrownEyedBagel (COMPLETE!): "'Neil wants the towel thrown in, Jackie wants the towel thrown in but I want to get this guy. I've always been angry but this time something didn't feel right. Looking back I know that it was just the first time I really hated someone.'"
- Bloom (LongSnakeMoan's Fluff Thread: Sugar Rush), by LongSnakeMoan (COMPLETE!): "'Adam, why is our daughter stuck up a tree? And our godson too?' 'They're woodland elves.'"
- The Great And The Good, by ognawk (part 24): "Cassidy entered the park, looking at the map by the entrance to find the pond before making her way there. She was worried about what she was going to see, convinced she wasn't going to like it."
- If Looks Could Kill, by SacredDust (part 3): "There was something...odd about this. She couldn't see Quinn's eyes, but she felt them. She was watching every breath Daria took, every strand of her hair that drifted astray in the breeze. Why? What did Quinn see when she looked at her? "
- Part of the Act (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: Why, oh God WHY?!), by SacredDust (COMPLETE!): "'Two questions. One, what are we doing here?' Jane's eyes darted around the cramped art house theater where a crowd of misfits was sleeping through Eraserhead. 'And two...why did you bring HIM with us? Was there a one-dolt minimum?'"
- The Ring, by Serrallonga (COMPLETE!): "'DON'T LOOK, DARIA, I BEG YOU!' shouted Quinn hysterically 'TURN OFF THAT THING, NOW!!!'"
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: Do What Now?), by PrecambrianStudios (COMPLETE!): "As Helen passed Daria's door, she froze when she heard labored breathing and a male voice panting, 'Oh yes, oh yes, oh yes, oh yes.....'"
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: Do What Now?), by SinisterExaggerator (COMPLETE!): "It was a rather familiar scene, as the fleeting forms of Daria Morgendorffer and Jane Lane leisurely walked down the street."
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: Why, oh God WHY?!), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "Daria sighed with relief as she sank into the easy chair in front of the roaring fire, it had been another grueling day of training and now she intended to rest for a minute before hitting the books and then getting some sleep."