Today is also (takes deep breath) the International Day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and its Abolition, which could have been shortened to Abolition Day or something. I mean, think about that poor student at HIH, trying to write his whole name out on papers or computer forms or whatnot. A worthy date, but shorter would definitely have been better.
Two crossover ficlets have appeared in response to two different Iron Chefs on PPMB. One is a Daria/The Wire minific by Scissors MacGillicutty, for The Barksdales of Baltimore, and the other is "A Party with a Rose," a Daria/Grendel minific by Grifter74, for Grendel Vivant.
Though rained out by Fay, durgarox has produced a marvelous color version of her sketch, "Hey, Daria," featuring a special Daria fanservice for us all. Love it, especially Jane's new hair, and especially the looks on their faces. YES!
Still working on a story idea. It is coming together nicely, but . . . it really is quite weird. Stay tuned.
- Calling Calliope, by Dennis (COMPLETE!)
- Daria: A Dream of Good, by Project Pegasus (Part 1): "I had nothing on my mind that day except for Ingmar Bergman and Jane Lane...."
- A Monster in the Unmaking, by Kristen Bealer (COMPLETE!)
- Jörmungandr, by TAG (prelude): This one might be a little weird. Hope you like it. (SFMB)
- Sometimes It Rains, by legendeld (Part 1): An unexpected addition to the Lane family knocks on the door, and the chaos begins.
- Stacy Rowe, Seeker (Part II), by jtranser (continued): Oh, okay, that's what Maughers are. Ouch. LATE ADD: And it never pays to make Brittany forget her lines! OUCH!!!
- Starbright, by legendeld (COMPLETE!): A tricky tale reaches a satisfying conclusion, although there is the matter of the sonic screwdriver. . . .
- Tales of the Ringbearers: Tiger Cruise, by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): “Is there any world where I’m not a cartoon character or constantly in either more drama that a soap opera or more action than Indiana Jones?”