In the real world, actress Wendy Hoopes (at right, a.k.a. Jane Lane, Helen Morgendorffer, and Quinn Morgendorffer) turns 37. Here is Ms. Hoopes as Jane, here she is as Quinn, and here as Helen. Thank you, Ms. Hoopes! You rOoL!!!
Fifteen years ago today, Daria appeared in the Beavis and Butt-head episode, "The Trial." Wonder if it was based on the Kafka novel. Hmmm, apparently not. (Click, copy, save, say no more.) That's Daria laughing in court at something Butt-head said, by the way. The prosecuting attorney is not amused. So this ninth-grader likes courtroom kibitzing? Daria was a heck of a kid, wasn't she? (The interesting images from the episode are displayed here.)
Kristen Bealer has raised the terrifying specter of a Midwest Dariacon 2010! Read and reply!
MDetector5's most excellent Fashion Club art is all the rage on PPMB's art channel. And Pinhead's "small jokes" just keep on rockin'!
Amusing photographs that could be of Quinn's Fashion Police have appeared at PPMB.
JPAGC has started a new Iron Chef based on a single screen capture from "I Loathe a Parade." See what you can do with it.
I was reminded of a great car-lovers' webpage that our own D. T. Dey helped create. It is the best!
- Falling into College 71: Merging Goals, by Richard Lobinske (Part 1): "So, since you know him better, are you going to call Mr. Morgendorffer?" "I suppose I should." "What, his wife wouldn't appreciate him getting a call from a stripper?"
- Finn Morgendorffer 11: Man of Honor, by HolyGrail2007 (COMPLETE!): “Finn, you know you aren’t supposed to drink champagne. Alcohol isn’t for the under 21's. Put the glass down,” Helen instructed. “Finn, you don’t have to put it down as long as you’re staying here,” Rita returned. “Rita, Finn’s my son, not yours.” Helen’s eyes narrowed as she regarded her sister. “And I’m sure that makes you proud,” Rita replied.
- In Silence Sarcastic, by Trscroggs (Part 2): “My name is Daria Morgendorffer,” the sheet began. Before Jodie could read the next line Daria held her whiteboard up. “Daria Sunbeam Morgendorffer,” the board said.
- Invisible Love, by Charliefox2012 (Part 7): “Um, is Jane home?” Duncan asked tentatively. Trent only stared at Duncan impassively. After a moment, he sighed. “Yeah. She’s home,” he said and moved back from the doorway to let Duncan in. (FF.net)
- Unnamed story (Scenes That Should Be: Brains for Rent), by NightGoblyn (COMPLETE?): Daria sat on her bed and tried to read, but the stifling heat of the room distracted her and ruined her concentration. With a frustrated growl she tossed the book onto the nightstand and walked across the room to open a window. She had already stripped down to cut-off sweat pants and her sports bra, and only the thought of having someone walk in on her prevented her from trying to read in the nude.