Sunday, February 8, 2009

Yet Even More Stuff with Fanfic Potential!

Tonight will be the 154th anniversary of the appearance of the Devil's Footprints in Devon, England. This is tailor-made for Daria fanfic. I don't know how, but I know the potential is there. It reeks of potential. Sniff the air. Yeah, there it is. Devil's Footprints. Go to it!

Today is also the 181st birthday of Jules Verne, without whom our childhoods would have been a heck of a lot more boring. He made a certain Daria fanfic possible, too. Bless him. He's the guy on the right. A great fanfic could be made based on any of his adventure stories. Put Daria and Jane on a submarine or a lost balloon or an island full of monsters! That would rock!

Oh! A giant meteorite crashed into Mexico exactly 40 years ago today, too. Fanfic, fanfic, fanfic! Just make it an asteroid and hit Lawndale! Awesome!

Okay, enough from me. All this thinking has worn me out. Take it from there. Tux? Tux! Where the hell is he? brb

Brother Grimace has posted a second teaser to his next Legion of Lawndale Heroes story, due out soon. Check it out.

And Iron Chef: Beeeep!! has some really awful stories to tell. Treat yourself to a few of them. They are hysterical.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, lately I've been lamenting the fact that we don't have spooky paranormal crap like Devil's Footprints or Mr. Springheel Jack in our modern rational age. The last really exciting thing I can think of was the Jersey Devil, back in the 60s or 70s or so.

(Of course, it's possible that Springheel Jack was just a time-traveller fooling around with Victorians, and knew us 21st-century folk wouldn't stand for such malarkey).

The Angst Guy said...

Well, we have UFOs. Grays. Some cryptids. It's something, anyway.

Anonymous said...

Gr, I hate Grays. They were my imagined monster under the bed as I grew up.

Anonymous said...

Last I heard, The Boogey Man was still out there, and he don't die.....

The Angst Guy said...

I forgot about the Darwinists. There are still said to be some Darwinists about in the woods. They're probably in league with Bigfoot.

Brother Grimace said...

Back in the 1980's and 1990's, we had the Big Muddy Monster down in Southern Illinois.

The Angst Guy said...

Southeast Wisconsin has a werewolf, I recall.

The Angst Guy said...

Well, there's always Metalmouth.