Curiously, the next three days after this one are each the anniversary of the showing of an early episode in a new season of Daria, and all are in chronological order with today, too (second season, third, fourth, and fifth). This should be a fandom holiday week or something.
The humor thread of False Facts About the TV Show "Daria" just gets better and better.
LATE NOTE: I just noticed that Daria's Sick, Sad Life Planner says today is the anniversary of the announcement of the cloning of Dolly the Sheep, but it was actually on February 22, 1997. The CD-Rom does contain an amusing comment on the event from Daria.
- NEW! After Daria, by Ravynstone (COMPLETE!): It didn’t take her long to find the urn. Jake had taken it upstairs, to the bedroom he once shared with Helen. The urn sat on right side of the dresser. Amy touched it with one hand, and sighed. The urn was cool and slick, made of some kind of plastic that looked like china. Amy tapped her fingers against it. Hell, she thought. If you’re going to do it, girl, just do it.
- NEW! Daria: Hunter—Strictly Business, by Jim North (continued): The second round of laser blasts started, breaking the bounty hunters out of their shock and sending them in an all-out run toward the outer door. The empty corridors to either side of the area blurred as they propelled themselves forward, Daria somehow managing to almost keep pace with the much faster Jane. [And now even more!]
- A Descent, by Silver (COMPLETE!): Pretty. Annoying. Dead. The words echoed through her mind as she twirled. It had started well enough, with wine, ruby red. Flowing, first from bottle, then jug, then box. She giggled. It had been so pretty, so beautiful to watch, a ruby waterfall cascading into glasses, into mouths.
- NEW! The Dream of the White Darkness, by jtranser (continued): "My God! Daria, what the hell happened to you?! You look like you saw a ghost!" "Close. I ran right into the Wigley Phenomenon. You know, the alien consciousness that's present in the most intense dreams of the criminally insane."
- Finn Morgendorffer 33: Independence, by HolyGrail2007 (COMPLETE!): “But it’s okay,” Finn soothed. “I’m not angry, and I’m not sorry. I do like you, Jane, I do. It’s... it’s just...” “Daria will castrate you with a pair of rusty gardening shears,” Jane finished.
- General Semantics, Private Angst, by Gwrtheyrn (Part 13): Daria anxiously awaited some sort of response to her ring. She was beginning to feel the increasing chill in the breeze against her rain-dampened clothing. I can’t even get myself captured by villains on cue. My sister would never have had this problem. She’d have them bringing her sodas. Not too much crushed ice. Maybe a wedge of lemon.
- Regifted 2: I Put Away Joyless Things, by Ajar (Part 5): This better not be another telemarketer, Graham thought as he anxiously picked up the phone. “Is this who I think it is?” he asked. “I'm the one whose butt you have to kiss.” “You say kiss, I say how much tongue.”
- Unnamed story, by Minx (Part 1): My name is Quinn Morgendorffer. If you find this it means one of three things: we’ve been forced to flee and abandon all non-essential items, we too have been captured, or we’re all dead...