Mr. DeMartino has some relevant thoughts about atomic weapons and international politics. Hmmm.
Quiverwing has posted the winners of the 2009 Daria Fanworks Awards: Written Works & Visual Works! Anyone who got a story or artwork nominated should stand tall! Congratulations to everyone who contributed. 2009 was a darn good year, and 2010 looks to be even better.
In the art folder in the Alter Egos That Should Have Been thread, Pinhead has produced a lost masterwork by Vincent van Gogh: "Daria and Jane against a pink background." And there was much rejoicing. AND he's also discovered a picture by Edgar Degas: "Rehearsal." Excellent! AND Henri Matisse's extraordinary "Rage." AND Wassily Kandinsky: "The main street."
- NEW! See Yourself, by a440 (COMPLETE!): Linda Griffin felt that if anything happened to her, she would need a successor, someone to pick up where she left off so that what happened to her wouldn't happen to her then future children, and that was her daughter, Sandi.
- NEW! Cluck Like a Chicken, by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): Timothy O'Neil opened his eyes, smiled, and leaned back in his chair with a casual ease that visibly unnerved everyone in the crowded LHS auditorium as he let his eyes wander across the area. "Yeah, y'all ain't trying to punk a brother like a bitch all up in this house," he said, the accent he had perfectly matching someone from the South Side of Chicago.
- NEW! Daria Is Raven's Apprentice, by Project Pegasus (continued): "Hey, I dressed up like an Asian prostitute to win this award! What did you do?!"
- NEW! Falling into College 72: Valley of Love and Delight, by RLobinske (Part 6): Michael put his arm around Daria. "I think we're going to make it." "Providing the wedding doesn't kill us." "Nah, it'll make us stronger."
- Finn Morgendorffer 30: Parental Discretion Advised, by HolyGrail2007 (COMPLETE!): Daria shrugged. Why, exactly, was Tom calling her? He was a nice enough guy, to be sure, but he was Jane’s boyfriend and Finn’s friend. She wasn’t high on his priority list. And, after that embarrassing incident last week, Daria had been trying to avoid him. Every time she thought of Tom, she flashed back to that incident where she walked in on him stark naked. It was inappropriate to think of her best friend’s boyfriend naked, at the very least. But it was too shocking to ignore.
- NEW! Finn Morgendorffer 31: The Artist, The Boyfriend, The Bitch, and Her Brother, by HolyGrail2007 (Part 1): Finn maneuvered his way towards Jane’s room, and saw the door was open somewhat. Finn knocked on it, but the force of his fist pushed the door open further. Jane was inside, with Tom. The two were making out. At the sound of Finn’s knock, Jane broke it off. “Yikes!”
- NEW! Kamen Rider D, by Silver (Part 2): "This... this is getting old," Daria muttered to herself, managing to get upright again. She charged and attempted to do to the wolf thing the only thing she could think of doing. She kicked it in the crotch.
- NEW! Legion of Lawndale Heroes Mini: Areté, by Roentgen (COMPLETE!): "Ribbon envy is so... petty," said Kyle Armalin. "And I already have a Legion of Merit. Tell you what, I'll lend you some of my decorations if you don't tell anyone you borrowed them."
- NEW! Outting the Ins, by Vlora (COMPLETE! and with ART!): Daria surveyed the damage in the mirror Jane had brought up to her room; she was wearing a worn, red shirt, a jersey and everything else Jane had ever been seen wearing. Her hair, the worst off, had been-well-hacked off by Jane.