Thursday, February 11, 2010
Top Ten Message Board Posts on May 12, 2010
So, what will the fans be talking about the day after Daria is finally released on DVD? Sure, it will probably reignite some serious discussion about various episodes and story arcs, but what, specifically, will people have to say about it? Here are my own predictions:
10. You know, with the digital re-mastering and high-resolution, you can really see Daria shove her tongue down Tom's throat in "Dye! Dye! My Darling!"
9. Um, what exactly did Glenn Eichler mean when he said the musical episode was based on Citizen Kane?
8. What was everyone else's favorite deleted scene? Mine was the alternate ending of "A Tree Grows in Lawndale" where the cheerleaders' seance brings Tommy Sherman back to life as a zombie.
7. Hey, watching the episode in super-slo-mo, I just realized that Trent copped a feel during that scene at Axl's in "Pierce Me." You'd think Daria would have said something.
6. Wait, so that Mystik Spiral spinoff was going to be a gritty crime drama with lots of hardcore sex and violence?
5. I just realized that if you loop O'Neill shaking his butt at the very beginning of the "Is It Fall Yet?" opening sequence and watch it over and over and over again...you go completely blind.
4. Huh. So, according to the commentaries, Daria is a B cup. Guess that settles that, then.
3. Did you know if you play Daria's graduation speech backwards, she clearly says, "And remember, fashion is fun and everything, but we should really do something about the rainforest and stuff"?
2. You guys have got to listen to "Dark Side of the Moon" while you watch "Depth Takes a Holiday"! You'll never believe it!
1. I get that they had to replace the original music, but why would they play Nine Inch Nails' "Closer" during the "Quinn the Brain" makeover scene?
Add your own in the comments!