Anyway, of all the many excellent quotes we have from President Washington, one of the most unusual is something he said shortly before he passed away. "I die hard but am not afraid to go," he spoke on his deathbed. This phrase is of English origin and eventually led to the Die Hard movie series. And that brand of car batteries. Clever, that.
Famed poet Edna St. Vincent Millay (hooray!) was also born today, but not so long ago as George Washington. Quotes from her works have appeared in Daria fanfiction (here and here).
Finally, today is also World Thinking Day for the Girl Scouts and Girl Guides, of which Jane Lane was briefly a reluctant member (per "Antisocial Climbers").
- GLITTER BERRIES IS BACK!
- The official Daria Facebook site has a small message board going. I see Kara Wild and Brother Grimace there. Who else among the long-time PPMB/SFMB/etc. crowd is there? Anyone?
- Daria: Hunter—Strictly Business, by Jim North (continued): "Hey, Morgendorffer," Jane said conversationally as they ran, "I know that I can keep this up all day, but you can't be enjoying this. Have we got a plan?" "Don't... get shot," Daria snarled.
- Finn Morgendorffer 33: Independence, by HolyGrail2007 (Part 6): “When Finn came around, there was a girl named Allison who was kinda cool, but then things got weird.” “How did things get weird?” “Let’s just say she likes all thirty-one flavors at Baskin-Robbins.” [If you know what I mean.]
- The Hallowed Halls of Fielding, Roentgen (Part 6): Daria was not called upon in the ensuing class discussion. It became clear to Daria that there were at least three girls who seemed to be Ms. Merritt's favorites. Mousy Girl—known as "Ms. Davidson"—and two others. It became even clearer that none of these young women were favorites because of their looks, or lack of looks, or style, or lack of style. Each of these girls, Daria's potential rivals, knew the material and could expound upon it. They weren't dummies.
- A Ticket to Ride, by Doggieboy (continued): “We are going to relax,” Ted said, “and enjoy the scenery.” Then he glanced at Linda's breasts. “I’ll especially enjoy the twin peaks.”