Thursday, January 10, 2008

Andrea and Her Bud

Just a "Cafe Disaffecto" snapshot (not a very good one, but it's the best I can do) of Andrea sitting by herself and lowering what appears to be a brown beer bottle, which she hides a moment later because a spotlight has been turned on her. She was drinking from it before the light came on.

A lot of fans recall this moment, though I don't believe it made much of a splash in fanfic. Andrea is often shown smoking cigarettes, but (IIRC) not drinking alcohol. Correct me if I am wrong.

So, Lindy in Is It College Yet? wasn't the only youthful drinker in the series.

"Whenever I drink alone, I prefer to be by myself. . . ."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nemo Blank touched on this in a few fics - I think she was in AA in one and in another it was post-scripted she died in drunk driving accident, Upchuck being one of the few to attend the funeral (looks like he predicted that pairing). There was also one where Daria went to a party with her but she passed out drunk early.