Friday, December 12, 2008

Who are the Katzenjammer Kids?

The oldest continuously published comic today is the Katzenjammer Kids, which appeared 107 years ago today in a New York newspaper. I used to read this when I was a kid. Not my favorite comic, but when you're a kid you'll read anything. I recognize Mr. DeMartino at right (as the Captain), but not the kids. Anyone?

Working with animation is very hard. I'm not likely to get far with it yet, until I get the hang of creating animated GIF files from some of the SMK files on the two Daria CDs. I would hazard a guess that someone other than me on PPMB has long been at work on this very same project. More power to you.

More later. This, by the way, is my 900th post on this blog.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My guess two of Joey, Jeffie, and Jamie.

ninetwelve said...

Woo. 900.

That's one hundred away from a thousand for you kids!

Anonymous said...

I've played with animated gifs some and might be able to help if you want.

The Angst Guy said...

If anyone is interested, I can post the separate SMK files for anyone who is into the animation thing. You will need to download the tools, but they have been relatively easy to use, if still a little out of my simple-minded league.

For that matter, I may as well post the sound files and stuff I have, too. I can make it simple (an index page, nothing else), so anyone can sort through them.