This also happens to be the day of Bonfire Night, incorrectly known in the States as Guy Fawkes Day but sometimes called Guy Fawkes Night in England, according to Wikipedia. Guy Fawkes Day was one of the Holiday Island High characters from "Depth Takes a Holiday," of course. The original Guy Fawkes was arrested and fined for unlawful use of the word "Bollocks!" A Daria fanfic was written making use of this theme ("Remember, Remember"). There's also the West Country Carnival to attend, lots of fireworks and fun, do it to it. (Please be careful with the explosives, of course.)
Do you think there's something to having Lynn Cullen's birthday on Guy Fawkes Night? Hmmm.
Okay, back again. Sometimes soon I'd like to post my long list of the better fanfic that I've seen from 2008, plus a separate list of unfinished fanfic that I'd love to see finished (excluding stories that aren't going to be finished at all, according to the authors). More on that later. Trying to figure out what to do next.
- Bet, by Legendeld (Part 1): Quinn couldn’t believe how terrified her sister looked. Daria broke first. “So am I deluding myself?”
- Order and Chaos, by Legendeld (Part 6): Enter the bad guys.
- Purity of Spirit, by DariaPhantom (Part 1): Just a little crossover with Robert Louis Stevenson.
- Upholder of the Good, by SoCalledGoodeGuy (Part 2): Darian, Jane, and "The Invitation."
- Which Lane Is the Right Lane? by Lord of Fluff (Part 2): There's got to be a morning after....
- Not So Easy, by MMan (Part 2): Jamie White, your loss. Who's next?