Monday, November 24, 2008

The Perfect Holiday for Kevin to Serve as Poster Boy

Today has been called Evolution Day, as it is the 149th anniversary of the publication of Sir Charles Darwin's On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection. To say this book was controversial is an understatement of the highest order.

Curiously, I cannot find much about Evolution Day online. It is related to Darwin Day, of course, but it is probably quite new as a holiday and hasn't gotten very far yet. I suppose the holiday just needs to evolve more. The holiday wrapping paper should be interesting.

That alter ego of Kevin as a caveman had me wondering if he was parodying Alley Oop, but apparently not.

Hong Kong Dariacon, anyone? Early February 2009?

Keep evolving!

Fortress CINCGREEN
  • Data Dump, by CINCGREEN (Part 10): Less than a week after her disastrous meeting with Tom, Daria was in a classroom again. *

PPMB
  • Bet, by Legendeld (Part 7): “I asked if I could move back in, didn’t that send up some kind of warning flare?”
  • Daylight: Baked Alaska, by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): Burn baby burn! Burn that mama down! (Also: "The lady with the glasses? That’s Sarah Palin. She’s running for governor.")
  • Daylight: The Essentials of Everyday Living, by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): She extended her hand. “I’m Maryann. What’s your name?” The centaur looked at her before reaching out. “I’m Boone.”
  • Falling into College 65: Arrivals and Returns, by Richard Lobinske (Part 2): "I hope you don't mind that everyone else considers you a hero."
  • LATIFA: In the King's Navy, by SoCalledGoodeGuy (teaser): Oh, I won't spoil this one for you. It's worth it.
  • Legion of Lawndale Heroes: A Legion Halloween, by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): “Get away from me, you idiots! I’m Brenda Starr!” (Also, Jodie Landon dresses up as an interstellar phone receptionist.) (Also, a very yukky Fiend Folio monster.) (Also, it's deja vu all over again! Nice!)
  • Order and Chaos, by Legendeld (Part 12): “I have sent a communication to the Jedi Council asking you to be allowed the trials.” Daria said with a slight tremor in her voice. “You’re ready.”
  • Two Halves, by Dark Kuno (Part 3 beta): Helen Morgendorffer has a conversation with the twins about college.
  • Upholder of the Good, by SoCalledGoodeGuy (Part 2.5): “Sooo…” said Jane, pushing herself off of the wall she’d been leaning against. “How’d you make out?”
  • Also... some remarkable short tales worth reading in "Scenes No Daria Fanfic Should Have-Who's Holding Daria Now?"
* Contains mature content.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here in Kansas, everybody celebrates Evolution Day! That's when we burn all the Biology textbooks...

E. A. Smith said...

On a completely unrelated (but fanfic-related) note, I just got a review on one of my older fanfics at ff.net. It's always a nice little thrill to see that old work is still being read.

The Angst Guy said...

Here in Kansas, everybody celebrates Evolution Day! That's when we burn all the Biology textbooks...

"Bonfire of the Insanities"?

Anonymous said...

Hey, Smith! BG here. When the hell are you coming back to PPMB?

E. A. Smith said...

Hey, Smith! BG here. When the hell are you coming back to PPMB?

No time in the foreseeable future. I've got a full-time university teaching position and a more-than-full-time girlfriend, and just those two things alone are keeping me so busy I can barely breathe. I do check up on the board every now and then, but I think it's best to keep out of actively contributing right now. I wish everyone there the best, though!

Anonymous said...

Evolve!!

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/evolutionists_flock_to_darwin

Milo

Anonymous said...

Evolve!