Saturday, November 29, 2008

Widdle Women

Three famous authors were born today in history: Louisa May Alcott, who wrote Little Women (which the picture at right might be from, or not, whatever); C. S. Lewis, the Narnia guy; and Madeleine L'Engle, who did those amazing fantasy/modern tales like A Wrinkle in Time and A Swiftly Tilting Planet, which I have been fond of quoting in certain fanfics (e.g., 1, 2). Even more authors were born tomorrow, with alter egos and screen caps for almost all of them.

Side Note: Quinn is definitely taller than Daria by about two inches.

Also fixed the pic, which had a line down the right side. moved it for aesthetic reasons, too.

And then I went and added the audio links to almost every image in the left column. Woo-hoo! I love the Internet.

Late Note: The DariaCon Wiki has gone down for good, it seems. The link has been removed.


FF.net
  • An Epitaph, by MandeeMistress (COMPLETE!): I could repeat the hospital scene in my head over and over if I decided to....

PPMB

6 comments:

ninetwelve said...

My dad made me read CS Lewis as a child. Though it was the screwtape letters, not Narnia. Explains a lot.

The Angst Guy said...

I read a lot of Lewis at one point and liked The Problem of Pain, then drifted on.

E. A. Smith said...

Lewis has been one of the guiding lights of my life; I can't think of any one man whose writings have taught me more about myself or my faith. I'll raise a glass in his honor tonight.

Anonymous said...

And for something different...

The novel inspired by that scene wasn't Little Women. It was either Sense and Sensibility or Pride and Prejudice, both by Jane Austen.

E. A. Smith said...

My guess is Sense and Sensibility, since the movie starring Emma Thompson had come out about a year or so before the episode.

The Angst Guy said...

Man, you people are sooooooooooo picky. Picky picky picky.