By the way, I used Trent because there are no Bob Dylan alter egos. He could pass for Dylan if you squint a lot in a dark room. Until he plays.
Not many fanfics have much to do with Bob Dylan. Here is an exception.
By the way, I added a bunch of new stories to the last post. Have a look. Great stuff. I love this fandom!
The interviews done last year with some authors and artists have been posted. Enjoy. We'll see what comes up next.
BREAKING NEWS! Richard Lobinske has updated the 2009 Daria Visual Fanworks listing! Hooray!
And now for the fanfic.
- Our Time Now, by Charliefox2012 (Part 4): Daria was startled when her door burst open. “Daria! What are you doing in bed when the house is on fire?!” Jake yelled. The sentence didn’t really process for Daria. She sat up and put on her glasses. “Um, trying to find out if these blankets are flame-retardant?” she said. [Author would like some feedback, please help!]
- Sinspiration, by Vlora (up to Part 11!): As Trent arrived home he was met with Jane on the couch eating some kind of instant meal. ‘You’re up early,’ she pointed out, her eyes drifting between her food and the TV periodically, enjoying the laziness of a Saturday more than she could remember. It was probably because she had spent most of the previous night reliving the same feelings she had gotten from Tom when they had broken up – all through Daria. She shouldn’t have let them date, but it seemed as if nothing good would have come out of the situation either way.
- Tales of the Ringbearers: Temporary Duty, by Richard Lobinske (COMPLETE!): Sharon lifted a pair of electronic binoculars and observed the target area 500 meters away. Only her long experience with The Agency prevented her from flinching at the series of loud reports that erupted beside her. Looking down range at the fluttering remains of the target, she said, "Very effective Gunny, though a Ma Deuce isn't exactly what I'd call subtle."
- Jane Lane: Spider-man, by Lorenzo Sauchelli (Part 2): Jane hurried after the redheaded boy but instead bumped into an African-American girl who was carrying a box full of photographic equipment. Jane tried in vain to catch the box before it hit the floor but couldn't get there in time and instead got the other girl to fall too. “Uh, sorry. Did you see a guy go by here?
- Stacy Rowe, Seeker (Part II), by jtranser (continued): "Whose idea was this? I try to stay under the radar, run a profitable investigation agency and avoid fools and incompetents whenever possible. But, lately, somehow, I've become a magnet attracting deranged and idiotic creatures of great wealth."
- Things Fall Apart, by Doggieboy (Part 14): After the Ringbearers restored a semblance of order to the chaos at Highland High School, Beavis found himself alone and thinking of Butt-Head. They saved everyone here, but what about Butt-Head? he thought and sniffled.
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fanfic Should Have: TGIF), by Greystar: "Daria, how can you have anything bad to say about a school trip to Europe of all places?" Jane asked her best friend as they walked to school. "We're going on a zeppelin, Jane." Daria scowled. "The last one of those that ran for passenger service crashed in 1937, in case you don't remember. I've got a picture of it in my locker."