Apparently everyone on the planet has decided to write Daria fanfic, so my update here will take a few minutes to assemble. I can hardly complain. An excess of fanfic is better than the alternative. A little news first:
Roxanne M has started a new PPMB Iron Chef: Famous Movie Lines. See what you can do with that. I remember Richard Lobinske used the line, "Top of the world, ma!" in a fanfic once.
Brandon League's new Iron Chef is called Favorite Aunt Meets Amiga. Three guesses what it's about, and the first two don't count. ("I really admire your fortitude, Jane," Amy gasped.)
Fanfic writer ninetwelve needs help for writer's block.
Looking for Daria crossovers at FF.net to read? Want to post your own? Here's the place!
- It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time, by Medea42 (COMPLETE!): [WARNING: This is a Daria/Harry Potter crossover which has been further crossed over with a third story world, the nature of which is too horrible to reveal here. I dare not even post a spoiler. Read it at your own risk! Heh heh heh heh heh...]
- Sinspiration, by Vlora (Part 14): Daria plodded along the Mall of the Millennium, ignoring doo-dads and whozits. It seemed as if there was nothing she could do but walk. She eventually arrived at her ideal location. A smile sprawled out across her face for a split second before dropping back to indifference. Wally’s Watches and Winches. Daria didn’t know why they sold winches and watches in the same store, but she ignored this minor detail and entered the store with barely suppressed disgust at the store’s overpriced and "family-friendly" approach.
- Daylight: Fallen From Grace: I Should Have Been Home Yesterday, by Disco 316 (Part 6): As the women approached within 25 feet, the smaller man yelled, “Halt, who goes there!” and pointed his sword at the women. The tone of his was intended to be stern, though the intimidating effect was somewhat negated by the higher register and reedy quality of his voice. The redhead at the front of the group replied. “Hi, I’m Quinn, and this is Sandi and Stacy.” She gestured to both in turn. “We’re just passing through on our way to Nitro, so if you don’t mind letting us go through…”
- Gimme Skelter, by TAG (Part 3): It happened so quickly there was no time to shoot or even call out.
- John Lane 40: Starry Eyes Open, by Richard Lobinske (COMPLETE!): "Hello, Tom," a pretty blonde said while stepping past Quinn as if she wasn't there. Uncomfortable and annoyed, he said, "Hi, Melanie." "It's nice to see you out and about like this instead of skulking around the little people." "Ahem," Quinn sharply said.
- Lawndale's Finest: The Dark Knight, by NightGoblyn (Chapter 4, Part 2): “So, how’s Stacy?” Charles asked. “How do you think she is?” Quinn answered sadly. The couple stood on the school lawn, shivering slightly in their heavy winter coats and watching the light snow drifting down. “She went from Olympic hopeful to crippled orphan before she graduated high school.”
- Unnamed story (Dead Like Me crossover), by Pinkminx (Part 2): "What do you mean dead? How can I be dead? I'd remember it, I'd have felt it!" [story was started here, then moved here] (FF.net).
- Unnamed story (The Daria Fan Fiction Classification Test), by Brandon League (COMPLETE!): Daria sat in the room. Hell, it beat standing. [That's the entire fanfic.]
- Unnamed story (The Daria Fan Fiction Classification Test), by Doggieboy (COMPLETE!): Daria Morgendorffer sat in the room. She waited quietly, though she was not necessarily patient about it. It was hard to be patient when the surrounding rooms had zombies in them.
- Unnamed story (The Daria Fan Fiction Classification Test), by Richard Lobinske (COMPLETE!): Daria sat in the room. Where the room was at or its contents were irrelevant. The quiet...the quiet was what was important. Inside, there was peace. Rest. Sanity.