Go to Comments and discuss something. Be back inna minute.
Oh, right, right. Today is World Turtle Day. Again. Man, that's just... lame. I had a pet turtle with a little island thing like Barch is on. Plastic pool. Turtle died. Down the toilet. Wake me up later.
LATER: Dang, seem to have missed a lot of stories lately. Sorry!
- Daria's New Look, by Stevenie Ellis (COMPLETE!): The story has concluded; I think I missed that earlier.
- Just Friends, by Pinkminx (Part 7): It was a typical Thursday night, Daria had locked herself in Jane's spare room and was working on her Literature midterm assignment; a short story depicting societies influence over an original character. Melody Power had been chosen with out any thought and Daria had been vivaciously writing her second adventure. The assignment was due in for marking on Monday.
- Loose Fit, by Smileyfax (Part 1?): "And as we share the joy of this lovely young couple, Brian and Erin, we are compelled to ask, what is love?" Daria listened to the priest as he spoke leading up to the exchange of vows and rings between Brian and Erin. The whole process bored her nearly to tears, actually. She reached up and began idly picking at earwax with her pinky.
- Mr. T Meets Daria, by Smileyfax (Part 1): One day, Daria and Jane were walking to school when who should walk up to them but Mr. T! "I'm Mr. T, fools!" he shouted. "Oh my God, it's Mr. T!" Daria and Jane shouted.
- Sinspiration, by Vlora (Part 1): A tinny sound of a television out of tune drifted throughout the house, abandoned and ignored. The Lane house was, once again, void of most human life. The usual tenants were secluded to Trent’s room, playing with paints and twanging a guitar. Very rarely would the two create in the same room, being that they were very ineffective working partners. This was probably owed to accidentally and frequently pointing out the other’s issues or flaws. However, they gave it the good ol’ Lawndale one-two and tried anyway.
- Wristcutters: A Daria Story, by Charliefox2012 (Parts 9 and 10): “Tell me, please, when you were still living, did you ever try to go looking for God?”
- Cold Comfort, by Doggieboy (Parts 4 and 5): “Hey, amiga!” Jane said and smiled when Daria hugged her tightly. The taller woman felt her best friend’s back and shoulders and added, “Wow! Those are some muscles you have there.” Daria blushed and looked away briefly. “I’ve worked out.” [Lots of action in Part 5!] (SFMB)
- Daylight: The Hope Mission, by Brother Grimace (teaser): Two girls and a cup. No, seriously, read it.
- Regifted, by Ajar (Parts 1 and 2): “I never pegged you for a masochist,” commented Daria in typical half-joking fashion. “Believe it or not,” Jodie replied while fiddling with the zipper on her suitcase. “Your parents are the lesser of two evils. If I were riding with my parents they'd've had me joining the sphenisciology club by the time I got there. I can just imagine what kind of weirdos that club has.” [And here we have: Science is everywhere, science is important, please stay in science, the program is shrinking, maybe if I emphasize the importance of science people won't leave. Please don't leave.]
- Size Does Matter, by BlackHole (Part 40): As usual, Coach Gibson used the Monday morning home room period to prepare for the day’s classes: he reviewed the class schedule. Disappointingly, Monday featured only a single senior class. All wimps otherwise. Well, maybe I can make some men out of the bunch. (SFMB)
- Stacy Rowe, Seeker (Part II), by jtranser (continued): With thick welder's gloves, Daria picked up the still smoldering bioferrous chunks and globs that had once been Toki, put them in a bucket and went down to her private work room on a lower level of the palace. Jane followed at a safe distance.
- Unnamed story (Crossovers Not Yet Crossed Over) (Daria/2001: A Space Odyssey), by Undefinedlust (comedy, crossover): "Open the pod bay doors, D.A.R.I.A." "I'm sorry Tom, but I'm afraid I can't do that."
- Unnamed story (Crossovers Not Yet Crossed Over) (Daria/Beavis and Butt-head/2001: A Space Odyssey), by Doggieboy (comedy, crossover): "Open the pod bay doors, D.A.R.I.A." "I'm sorry, Beavis, I'm afraid I can't do that."
- Unnamed story (Second coming of the New Ideas Thread) (Daria/Scooby-doo), by NightGoblyn (comedy, crossover): "Jinkies, goddamnit."
- Unnamed story (Scenes that Should Be: Brains for Rent), by Greystar (Part 1): The police department sedan pulled up to the large suburban home and came to a stop with a screech of the tires and immediately disgorged two men wearing the ubiquitous dark blue suits that the world had come to identify with police investigators. As the two civil servants showed their I.D.s to the uniformed officer that was controlling access to the house, the detective leading the pair was brought to a halt by a hand on his shoulder. “You’ve got to be kidding, pal,” the officer said with a scowl. “That’s just not a fake, it’s a dumb fake.”