Two new PPMB Iron Chefs, both from Scissors MacGillicutty: Iron Chef: Quinn in Highland, and Iron Chef: Lying About "The Kiss." Lots of potential here waiting to be brought into being.
A new PPMB round robin has been started (see below). And the Outpost Daria update is almost here!
- The Quiet Ones, by Smileyfax (COMPLETE!): "It's always the quiet ones, isn't it?" "Huh?" Jane asked. A detective from Lawndale PD had come to Quiet Ivy to speak to Jane, but she had zoned out after a while. "The quiet ones, you know, that end up to be axe murderers." "Oh, yeah. Right." [Nice one! Thank you!]
- Which Lane Is the Right Lane? by Lord of Fluff (Part 1): As Daria and Quinn left Mrs. Manson's office, Daria in front and looking down at her scheduled to see which class she was supposed to go to, she crashed into someone. Daria almost fell down but was caught in the last split second by the guy she ran into. Looking up, she saw him and gasped, her eyes widening in shock.
- Apocalyptic Daria: Scarlett's Tale, by Doggieboy (Part 9): When Scarlett opened the storage trailer’s doors and drove the car outside, she calmly sped between the buildings until she reached the main gate and slowed to a stop. I took John’s car keys, she thought and blinked as she stared ahead. But I didn’t take his other keys.
- Expecting Trouble, by Legendeld (Part 6): Quinn didn’t know when she stopped paying attention to the Science teacher and even less when she absent-mindedly pulled out the needle and thread then started sewing the patches of cloth together. Her mind drifted to the only conversation she could remember with her father in the last two weeks. He had come into her room without warning. [Contains adult content. Hang on.]
- John Lane 40: Starry Eyes Open, by Richard Lobinske (Part 2): As Mr. DeMartino gave up and bashed his head against the chalk board, Daria said, "There is some stupidity that no amount of optimism can overcome."
- Legion of Lawndale Heroes Mini: The Merry Old Land of Oz, by Roentgen (Part 1? Complete?): [Whoa. We're not in Kansas anymore, but wherever this one is going, I wanna go there, too.]
- Round Robin: Justifiable Teachercide, started by Prince Charon (Parts 1 onward): The ringing of Daria's cellphone started just as she was about to pull out of the gas station (which was charging an outrageously high price of $1.69 9/10 a gallon). Looking at the traffic, she decided to pull into an empty space, and took the call. "Daria's House of Angst," she started.
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Lying About "The Kiss"), by Dennis (COMPLETE!): "We're fighting about you, Daria Morgendorffer," Jane said, pain behind the anger in her voice, "being dumb enough to think a boyfriend is worth screwing up a really good friendship for. A really important friendship."
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Quinn in Highland), by Dennis (COMPLETE!): "We've been in this hellhole for three years now," Quinn wrote in her diary. "I wish we could move back East. Oh, sure, I'm still pretty and popular here, not like Daria, who only hangs out with those two... things.
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fanfic Should Have: TGIF), by Lorenzo Sauchelli (COMPLETE!): Jane stomped all her way by the stairs, not bothering to listen to anything Quinn was saying in order to stop her. "Wreck my hair will you?" She said under her breath, her eyes pulsing like they were about to pop out of her skull. "You do that and then you run off on me? What the hell?" She stopped when she reached her supposed best friend's door. "DARIA! I know you're in there! I can smell your ass!" She tried to open the door but found it surprisingly locked. "DARIA!" She kicked the door twice. "Open the door!"