The script of "Boxing Daria" is on Outpost Daria. Reviews and plot synopses can be found on Outpost Daria, Sick Sad World (here and here), and TV.com. The DariaWiki page on "Boxing Daria" is incomplete. This episode was once rated as the second-best one ever aired in the series.
But . . . what didn't you like about it? Other than it being the last episode and all, I mean.
Here are the bones I have to pick with BD:
- Daria has no idea she's been a gi-normous pain in the ass all her life? Seriously? I complained about this once before and still cannot believe it. As Bugs would say, "What a maroon!"
- Jane doesn't hug Daria when Daria hugs her. This isn't explained. Why? Was she remembering how Daria stabbed her in the back? Was MTV trying not to prove they were lesbians? What was up with that?
- Daria is being a total bitch to Tom. Why does he put up with this smart-assed abuse? Why doesn't he dump her and check out Quinn instead? I'd have totally forgiven him for DDMD if he had done that. Daria is the worst girlfriend in the universe. She must have the most raging monstrous case of chronic PMS in history.
- Where were the jokes? The funny stuff? Daria is anything but triumphant here, and she's barely even funny.
- Jake acts like he's so perceptive and understanding of Daria's intentions and feelings AFTER FIVE YEARS OF BEING A TOTAL SPACE CADET WHO DOESN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HIS KIDS WHATSOEVER GAHDAMMIT!!! And he's obviously got some kind of psychiatric disorder. Why did Daria think he was such a hero in "Of Human Bonding"? He should have been eaten by squirrels.