Thursday, June 12, 2008

Lay a Little Loving on Me


Today is also Loving Day, which I'd never heard of before. It celebrates interracial relationships of the love and marriage and kids kind. This should give Jane and Mack something to be happy about, plus all the fanfic writers who ship them together. Daria and Jodie? Mmm, nah.

QUESTION FOR THE MASSES: What interracial couple would you liked to have seen in Daria? Post your answers in Comments. Stay within the human race, please.

What did John Lane do when he first saw Daria? Acidgirl once again comes through with a great GIF mini-movie. This is too, too good.

Brother Grimace has another teaser for the LLH series, chapter 13.1-13.2. You go, dude.

NEW IRON CHEFS! Ever heard of an "evil Jane"? Mike Xeno challenges YOU to create one. And DigiSim invites you to join a book club!

Now 845 fans in the Daria Fan Club. Still little activity.


PPMB
  • Avenging, by Lorenzo Sauchelli (Part 8): The new Avengers aren't exactly hitting it off, but they are hitting.
  • Big Jake's Harley-Davidson, by Ranger Thorne (continued): Jane fits right in, doesn't she?
  • Stacy Rowe, Seeker (Part II), by jtranser (continued): He was to proceed to Russia, go to the Catherine Palace with all necessary stealth and locate the imperial family. When they were all together, enter and kill them all.
  • Swan Song, by NightGoblyn (Part 2): “I’ll put a fresh bag in the dust buster,” Quinn said. “We’ll bury her later.”

More to come as the day goes on.

5 comments:

The Angst Guy said...

Jane/Mack is my favorite couple, but Brittany/Mack makes a lot of sense, too. I mean, Mack deserves a break.

Jodie/Tom works for me, too, mostly to punish Tom. :) Um, no, really, I like Jodie/Tom.

Anonymous said...

Well, if you're going as far as Brittany/Mack, then you may as well go for Tiffany/Mack. At least Tiffany doesn't talk as much.

But I can see Mack with almost anyone, really. He's that much of a blank slate.

I do see Daria/Jodie, though. It would involved Daria being caught completely by surprise, and Jodie being the aggressor in that "No one would ever expect me to do this" way.

The Angst Guy said...

Dari and Jodie would drive each other totally nuts, I think. Which is a good reason to like it, I think.

Anonymous said...

Well, I've done Brit/Mack and Sandi/Mack. In one of my planned stories I've got Mack paired off with TAG's favorite Little Redhaired Girl. Yes, it totally works, in the context of the story.

The Angst Guy said...

Maybe we pay too much attention to race in Daria. Except that it was criminal for Mack not to be a free-dating man. He could at least have been allowed to nail Ashley-Amber.