A mere 171 years ago today, Jake . . . er, Victoria became Queen of the United Kingdom. I honestly have no idea why the MTV artists thought Jake should be queen. Maybe you can tell me why.
YES!!! S.C. does it again, with a marvelous work in which Daria and Jane do Donnie Darko.
Almost 28,500 hits on this blog. Nice. Thank you!
I discovered a previously unmentioned UK Daria website (no longer updated) called Daria Morgendorffer at the Last Stop Cafe. It might be of interest.
Some good entries are showing up in the Iron Chef called, "Join the Book Club."
- Coming of Age, by Deep Metal (COMPLETE!): Yes, the epic is done! And it has lots of Daria in it, as well as Beavis and Butt-head, who are of course the stars. The epilogue closes it out. Three cheers!
- Band of Bothers, by Richard Lobinske (COMPLETE!)
- Falling Into College 62: Run It Up the Mast, by Richard Lobinske (COMPLETE!)
- But What About the Baby (Sitter)?! by Kristen Bealer (Part 1): Helen gave Daria a choice between baby-sitting and a summer job at Cluster Burger. Daria was beginning to think the phrase "Do you want fries with that?" might have a nice ring to it, after all.
- The Other Side of Time: The Nightmare Never Really Leaves, by The Sidhe (Part 1): Richard does something that many Daria fans have dreamed of doing for years.
- Stacy Rowe, Seeker (Part II), by jtranser (continued): "You must understand, royalty is very gene conscious these days."
- Swan Song, by NightGoblyn (Part 8): Sandi does a very scary thing.
- Turnabout Confusion Part II: All The King's Horses, by Dennis (continued): To beat the devil, sometimes you have to become him.
More later. Need to work on my story again.