Friday, June 13, 2008

Back by Unpopular Demand: Friday the 13th

Today is the special day of one of Holiday Island High's least liked teens: Friday the 13th. When I wrote "A Hard Days' Night," I based the appearance of the teen called Friday the 13th ("Frye") on drawings of Neil Gaiman's character Death, from the Sandman comics, with minor changes. It must also be admitted that PPMB poster KatriniaMedina's avatar had my attention here, too.

In the news, there is a movie review of Sex and the City in which the reviewer compares herself to Daria, then does a fine Daria-like job on the movie, slicing it to pieces.

PLUS . . . someone has named a pet rat after Ms. Morgendorffer!

AND . . . a newspaper review of Daria that compares her to the ebola virus! I love it! Woo-hoo!

LATE NEWS: I am reliably informed that today is Blog Like It's The End Of The World Day (BLITEOTW Day, for short). Blog away, then. I have to mow the yard.

PPMB
* Contains mature content. Hang on.

3 comments:

E. A. Smith said...

In the news, there is a movie review of Sex and the City in which the reviewer compares herself to Daria, then does a fine Daria-like job on the movie, slicing it to pieces.

Yeah, but she still appears to be a fan of the series (something I can't imagine Daria ever being). I want to see someone in the media get some sense and rip apart the entire series as an ode to the worst of shallowness and materialism.

Anonymous said...

Also, Friday the 13th is blog like it's the end of the world day. (I'm participating.) Watch for signs of the zombie apocalypse reprise -
http://myelvesaredifferent.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Daria watching Sex and the City? No.

The Fashion Club watching Sex and the City? Definitely.

They'd have those shirts that came out early in the series that said, "I'm a Charlotte" or "I'm a Samantha", blah blah blah and so on.

Of course Quinn and Sandi would fight daily over who gets to be Carrie.