Friday, March 19, 2010

Hail, Goddess Daria!

Sorry for missing a day, took one off for vacation. Wasn't anything going on Thursday anyway.

Today, however, is Quinquatria, the old Roman holiday for (not Quinn!) Minerva, the goddess formerly known as Athena, who bears an amazing resemblance to Daria (or maybe Amy). Thanks to Pinhead for the image. Party on! (More information on Daria as a religious figure can be found here.)

Alert fan CR85747 reports that Mystery Science Theatre 3000 once had a reference to Daria, in 1999. Check the link for more.

And now for some fanfic.

FF.net
  • NEW! A Few Years Difference, by Vlora (Part 4): "Why are you talking to yourself?" "I was talking to my imaginary friend." "I don't see anyone." "What do you want, Quinn?" (FF.net)
  • My Nights at Daria's Anthology: Mack, by the writer formerlyknown as lm (COMPLETE!): I am, for all intents and purposes, the ideal student. I am, for all intents and purposes, the ideal boyfriend.
  • My Nights at Daria's Anthology: Quinn, by the writer formerlyknown as lm (COMPLETE!): "Let me give you a makeover." "What? Why the hell would I do that?" "Because you know you want it." "Yes, Quinn, what I want more than anything in the world is to have you make me over." "So we're on the same page." "Quinn, I don't even think we're reading the same book."
  • My Nights at Daria's Anthology: Tom, by the writer formerlyknown as lm (COMPLETE!): "Daria," I ask her, "are you sure you don't want to go to Jane's?" She shifts uncomfortably and I know that she wants to, but I am a selfish bastard, so my heart leaps when she says she'd rather be with me.
PPMB
  • NEW! Falling Into College 72: Valley of Love and Delight, by RLobinske (Part 15): "What's going on?" "Mrs. Morgendorffer is going all Capt. Hornblower and ordering everyone around like she was on a ship in the middle of a storm." "From her viewpoint, she is."
  • Finn Morgendorffer 37: Mature Relationships, by HolyGrail2007 (COMPLETE!): “Finn, why don’t you love me?” Helen asked. Finn’s fork clattered out of his hands. “Pardon me?” he said. [Last part here: “I never thought you liked cars,” said Finn. “I don’t,” Stacy answered. “But I do love speed.”]
  • The Hallowed Halls of Fielding, by Roentgen (Part 17): [New thread!] As Daria and Elsie escaped the range of the man's voice, Daria asked, "Who the hell was that?" "That was Mr. Butler," Elsie said. "Who is he? Prof? Residence? Dean of Students?" "He's the chaplain."
  • The Handoff, by Disco316 (COMPLETE!): “For the last time, no!” Michael “Mack” Mackenzie shouted. “I don’t care what your cheerleader friends told you, but I won’t go out with you!” Brittany Taylor, sitting on the bleachers, looked to be on the verge of tears. “But you have to go out with me! You’re the captain of the football team! I’m the head cheerleader! We have to go out!”
  • NEW! The Principals, by Ajar (COMPLETE!): “Ms. Li, I need to speak with you for a moment.” “I trust all of the accounting is in order,” said Mrs. Li, following under her breath. “It better be, for Mrs. Bennett's sake.” [Can you guess the crossover?]
  • NEW! Tracksuits, by Malakite (Part 5): Sandi fidgeted slightly as she stared once again at the SecTen Entertainment Terrarium guide. It no longer had the handy color coding that had once been the Mall of the Millennium's proud hallmark. Instead, everything was marked out as though with street signs, like in those old tacky indoor flea markets.

No comments: