What went unmentioned is that this is National Doctor's Day, which Brittany commemorates here. Thank you, doctors! And it is Francisco Goya's 264th birthday anniversary, the same Goya that Ted and Jane rave about in "The New Kid." See if this fan-art re-creation by Minx of one of his most famous paintings triggers a memory of his work.
It is also apparently Hot Dog Day, not sure why (Kevin is the mascot), and Celine Dion's birthday, with Daria as the fan-art alter ego (by Liliane Grenier).
Lots to celebrate, go to it.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Anyone who knows of Moscow-based Daria fans should check in with them as soon as possible to make sure they are okay, in view of the subway bombings there yesterday. Give them our best wishes, please.
- NEW! Anti-Trope, by Minx (Chapter 2, Part 5): "I'm sorry to be the one to beak it to you D-man," Dean flinched at his new nickname. "But some guy is in there macking on Jane," Joey replied. "Oh my God, does Jodie know?" Jamie asked as he alternated his gaze between Dean and Joey. "Not Mack, mack-ing," Joey reiterated. "So, Jodie's in on it, like a threesome?"
- As Loud as My Heart, by Ranchoth (Part 1): Daria passed by another farm of upright Plexiglas tubes—all "empty," though a few bubbled with dingy liquid. She was just glad none had people in them at the moment. Or anything worse...
- NEW! The Dream of the White Darkness will be continued by jtranser on SFMB, because of adult content.
- Falling into College 72: Valley of Love and Delight, by RLobinske (COMPLETE!): After she and Michael had changed into more appropriate traveling clothes, Daria stopped next to the bed to pet Bump. "We'll be back for you in two weeks, so take it easy on Mom." "Meow." "But you don't have to go easy on Quinn. I think she'll make an excellent chief of staff while we're gone."
- Finn Morgendorffer 40: Higher Learning, by HolyGrail2007 (Part 2): “Hey Mack, Hey, Jodie.” Finn greeted the pair as he walked down the hall of the school the next day. “Hey, Finn.” Mack seemed bummed out, but managed a smile. “What’s wrong, bud?” “The meeting at the bank didn’t go so well.” Jodie explained. “His father can’t get the loan.” “I won’t be able to afford Vance without a scholarship now. And that’s a long shot.”
- Lawndale's Finest: Detective Stories #4—Power Struggle, by Jim North (continued): "No charges are being brought against Supergirl," Jane replied, though she sounded far from happy about it. "All of the witnesses confirmed that Val avoided the cops to cross a police line and that Supergirl did everything she could to save her." She took a swallow of her drink and stared down into the neck of the bottle. "Not that the press believed a word of it, of course. They still seem to think I snatched her up and dropped her down on the mine myself." "But you didn't," said Trent. "No, I didn't," Jane echoed sourly. "But it was because of me she was even there. She was chasing after me. She had me on the ropes, she knew it, and she was moving in to finish me off."
- Regifted 2: I Put Away Joyless Things, by Ajar (Part 6): “Well, if it isn't the guy who disappeared without a trace,” Jane said sarcastically. “I wasn't expecting you back from the abduction so soon.” “Yeah, sorry about that,” Ryan said, entranced by his shoes. “I just wasn't quite expecting... just who was that kid, anyway?” “That's Artie. He had his skin replaced by a synthetic skin when he was abducted.”