Today was once the start of the New Year in many Western countries. A previous blog post has all the information on this curious fact. Since Lawndale might possibly be in Maryland, we also celebrate today as Maryland Day.
Finally, believe it or not, today is the 15th anniversary of the creation of the Wiki (as in DariaWiki), and we should tip our caps to the inventor.
- A new Iron Chef is up: It's Not Raining Men. Lawndale High graduate girls go to college and find out that the male-female ratio is not skewed in their favor.
- Got LLH? Authors of Legion of Lawndale Heroes tales are urged to read this message about sending your stories to Outpost Daria!
- Ranger Thorne has an idea he would like for you to steal...
- Damn, by GlitterShrooms (COMPLETE!): Things got more difficult as Tiffany ran for her life in the Overlook Hotel. After seeing creepy twins that looked like O'Neil and DeMartino, an elevator full of blood, and a naked Ms. Barch zombie, Tiffany thought there was something possibly odd going on. Still, none of that mattered now that Stacy had gone ax-crazy.
- The Dream of the White Darkness, by jtranser (continued): As she sat on a bus stop bench, shoulders slumped in final despair, a soft raspy voice whispered a suggestion and an address. Looking up, she saw no one, but to her surprise, she felt an irregular object digging into the palm of her hand. Opening her fist, it revealed itself to be a silver denarius of the emperor Caligula resting in her palm. Again the whisperer spoke its previous words and told her to seek "The Barber." She decided she had no other alternative, and so Daria to the dark alley came.
- Finn Morgendorffer 38: Fractures, by HolyGrail12007 (COMPLETE!): “Ummm... Daria, why do Mom and Aunt Rita and Aunt Amy fight like that?” “Fight like what?” “I mean, over me.” “Well, they do it because they disagree on everything. It’s just the way they are wired. They must disagree.” “That’s... stupid.” “Is it? That’s what we’ve been doing.”
- Interdimensional Dust Up on Twelfth of May, by thatLONERchick (COMPLETE!): Daria Morgendorffer and Jane Lane turned the corner into the alley behind the Good Time Chinese restaurant, carrying a large gummy bear bag apiece. Jane's was obviously empty, and she approached the dumpster against the back wall with the intent of discarding the package. Just a step away, the receptacle rolled aside...
- Lawndale's Finest—Action Stories #4: Power Struggle, by Jim North (continued): She heard more shouting from behind her, which put her teeth on edge. She turned again, this time to ask for some quiet so she could concentrate, when she noticed the reason for all the yelling. Val had arrived, slipped over the fence, and was running straight toward Jane with a determined look on her face. All Jane could do at first was goggle uselessly at the approaching blonde, but she recovered and tried to wave her off. "Val, get back! Now!" "Not until I get answers, SupergiiiiiiiiiRRAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!"
- NEWER! The Lions' Roar, by thatLONERchick (COMPLETE!): Just after lunch, an explosion rocked the school. Many of the students cried out in shock and fear while Ms. Li, principal of Lawndale High, smiled over her laced fingers, eyes like diamond chips in a show storm. "I knew this day would come."
- NEW! Unnamed story (Scenes no Daria fanfic should have: Ouch Time), by Ranger Thorne (COMPLETE!): [A scene from "Dye! Dye! My Darling" set to Gordon Lightfoot's "If You Could Read My Mind." And it works!]