Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Three-in-One Day of Greatness!

First off, this is a GOLD STAR MAJOR-LEAGUE DARIA FANDOM HOLIDAY. It's the 13th anniversary of When It All Began: the premiere of "Esteemsters" on MTV. With that, it is also the 11th anniversary of the first showing of "The Old and the Beautiful" and the 10th anniversary of "Antisocial Climbers." Celebrate this great day as you wish.

Surprise Quiz: How long was Daria in the self-esteem class before she was able to get out of it? And how long did the self-esteem class normally last?

Some of the above DariaWiki links need to be updated and expanded. Anyone up to it? Also, the DariaWiki page on "Esteemsters"-based fanfic could be updated, too. I might lend a hand, there.

One thing I will say about "The Old and the Beautiful" is that Kevin and Brittany, for all their dopiness, are nice people. The scene of Kevin reading from a Rat Boy comic book to an older guy was oddly touching.

Still would like to see a Rat Boy fanfic. [ahem] So many possibilities of who Rat Boy could be in "real life" in Lawndale.

More stuff to come today, including new revelations about paranormal powers in Lawndale. What the heck is going on there?

Great new discussion thread: The Perfect Daria Episode.

FF.net
  • NEW! A Painting, Some Pizza, and What Comes After, by JohnnyStyle (Parts 1 to 3): She came to the conclusion that it wasn't her who was at fault in her failed relationships. Well, in the sense that her choices had not been right for a woman who spent her life being Jane Lane. Tom had at least understood who she was and respected her for that. Smart, Witty, well read, but still willing to do stupid stuff with her.
PPMB
  • The Hallowed Halls of Fielding, by Roentgen (Part 12): With a hard edge, Quinn murmured, "I've hit rock bottom. I'm so desperate I'll even put up with your attitude, if that's what it takes. If you want to kick me when I'm down... fine. You want to slash my wrists, too?" Quinn pulled up her sleeve, revealing her exposed forearm and extending her wrist. "Here. Now, sister, start cutting or shut up, because in about twenty more seconds I'm going to pull out my bitch kit."
  • A Ticket to Ride, by Doggieboy (COMPLETE!): “I could love you, Linda Griffin.” “I could love you, too, Ted DeWitt-Clinton. But you have absolutely no idea what I’m like to live with. You’ve never seen me when things don’t go my way.” [Likely NSFW, be warned]

3 comments:

The Angst Guy said...

Just tried to get into PPMB and got "SERVED NOT FOUND." Wut????

The Angst Guy said...

Seems to be working now, though. Whew!

The Angst Guy said...

Thanks to UU for the image goodness!!!