Cynigal is asking if anyone will be around Portland, Oregon, for a Dariacon during the week of June 16. Write back here if you will be thereabouts.
On this day, 83 years ago, schoolteacher John T. Scopes was indicted for teaching evolution. This led to the famous (i.e., infamous) Scopes Trial, which proved that if we didn't really evolve from monkeys, we should have.
This is also the day when, 47 years ago, President John F. Kennedy made his famous speech in which he announced that the United States would put a man on the moon before the decade was out. And so it was done, and then everyone forgot to go back.
Richard Lobinske has updated the 2008 Daria Visual Fanworks listing once again (PPMB, SFMB). Go, thou, and see wonders beyond imagining. I love it.
And Cypher, Dennis, and WacoKid have added some amazing ficlets to the Iron Chef called Autobiography. You have to check it out.
- Avalon, by legendeld (COMPLETE!): “I’d be more worried about yourselves at this point.” Quinn said as she teleported in the room. Things went bad right after that.
- D: The Last Cynic, by CDM (continued): "If he's the last man on Earth, I'll be worshipping Sappho so quick."
- Falling Into College 62: Run It Up the Mast (Part 5): Michael paused in thought and then said, "Jane, can you and your friends do something for me?"
- Infected, by legendeld (Parts 4 and 5): “You still don’t believe in guardian angels?”
- A Little Vacation, by Doggieboy (Epilogue 3): “You win a kewpie doll,” Daria said as she quickly lifted the pistol, cocked it, and fired.
- The Other Side of Time: Witness to the Monkey Show, by The Sidhe (continued): Has the reason for "Mad Dog" Morgendorffer's bad attitude been discovered?
- Reign of the Darias: Life as a Corpse, by Lorenzo Sauchelli (Parts 1 and 2): This was probably not how Daria thought her reunion with a summer camp acquaintance would go. A new Daria/Harry Dresden story, though the previous one isn't finished yet.
- Snuff the Rooster, by Cypher (continued): “Daaaaaaaam! You scored!” An honest-to-gosh Jane/Upchuck shipper. Hang on.
- Stacy Rowe, Seeker (Part II), by jtranser (continued): Every good plot requires an injection of comic relief, and so it's time for the clown to take the stage. NOTE: In the next section is the classic Daria fanfic line: "Crystallization rate is 27 microboogers per second." I love it.
- Upon the Torches of the Stars (formerly Reaper), by Ray (COMPLETE!): Quinn takes on a metric ton of supervillains, but does she win?