Only 3,287 years ago today, Ramses II (a.k.a. Ramses the Great to his closest friends) became the pharaoh of Egypt. I read this on Wikipedia and thought, how the heck did they know it was this date? Nice work there. This has to do with Daria because of "My Night at Daria's."
Also, Clint Eastwood was born 78 years ago. This has to do with Daria because the Gorillaz song, "Clint Eastwood," is played twice on "My Night at Daria's."
DariaPhantom has noted an announcement on TVShowsonDVD.com that may mean hope for Daria. Others are skeptical. We shall see.
Medea42 asks, "Has anyone ever tried to fit a fanfic to the song 'Daria' by Cake? It seems like it would be good inspiration for 'adult Daria.'" A link to the lyrics is here. (Speaking of Medea42, see her page on DariaWiki. Well done.)
In the realm of wacky fanfic, Paisleygal and NightGoblyn address an Iron Chef: "There are no laws, but there are rules!"
In Scenes No Daria Fanfic Should Have: Dawn of a New Nightmare, we read this blood-chilling passage: "I'm baaaaaaaaaack," Thom Sloane said with an evil smile.
- What I needed after all, by MotocrossHottie089 (Parts 1 and 2): A tale about Jayde, Daria's daughter.
- Avenging, by LSauchelli (Part 1): Jake Morgendorffer gets an unexpected visit from an old acquaintance, but Daria gets the biggest surprise of all in this crossover tale.
- Legion of Lawndale Heroes, by Brother Grimace (Chapter 13.1 - Teaser): "Where do we go from here?"
- A Little Vacation, by Doggieboy (COMPLETE!): The story ends with Epilogue 4, but in a way this tale is only beginning. (SFMB version)
- Long Trek Home, by Ranger Thorne (Part 1): "Antisocial Climbers" crosses over into the land where "no man has gone before." Read it to believe it.
- New Life, by legendeld (Part 1): A much changed Quinn Morgendorffer heads for home.
- Reign of the Darias: Life as a Corpse, by LSauchelli (Part 4): One word says all: doppelgänger.
- Size Does Matter, by BlackHole (Part 24): Jamie White has a new love interest: the local version of She-Hulk. (SFMB version) (author's website version) (Ben Breeck's discussion of the story on SFMB)
- Stacy Rowe, Seeker (Part II), by jtranser (continued): "I found myself in an incredibly creepy room decorated with pictures of dead people in Hello Kitty picture frames hanging on the walls." This is getting really really bizarre. A great read. PLUS: wild gangs of math students beat up the frat boys at Miskatonic U!
- The Other Side of Time: Witness to the Monkey Show, by The Sidhe (COMPLETE!)
More to come.