Sexy image there of fire-breathing Helen. We will refer back to it later when we conduct a purely scientific examination of her, um, physical assets. (I'm working on it, BG.)
MMan has offered a new and intriguing PPMB Iron Chef, called Autobiography. "Timothy O'Neill has given all his classes an assignment: write your autobiography. Pick a Daria teen and show what his/her response is." The Iron Chef has already drawn one remarkable response, listed below.
Now 810 fans logged in at the Daria Fan Club. A little activity there, too. Keep it going.
Ranchoth offers a look into the technical side of his "It's a Job" post-IICY? universe, in which Daria goes to work for COBRA and does pretty darn good for herself. Her helicarrier, the CS Argent Bifid (trans.: "silver forked"), is depicted on DariaWiki in screencaps from old G.I. Joe TV episodes. The helicarrier's name doesn't make sense unless you realize that "silver" and "forked" both refer to "tongue," as in "silver tongued" and "forked tongue." Honeyed words that are all lies: exactly what Daria was hired by COBRA to produce in her flying print factory. Nice work.
What are the most disturbing images in Daria? Richard Lobinske thinks it's Mr. O'Neill's butt.
Got any obscure movie references made on the Daria show that no one else knows? Crossada75 is looking for others besides the one for The Gamma People.
- Daria: The Door to safety is shut, by MrPowerpuff (Prologue and Parts 1 and 2): What am I doing hiding in a confessional at the Lawndale Church holding a gun in my hand pointing at the door?
- It's Like the Beginning of an Era, by Kristen Bealer (COMPLETE!)
- A Little Vacation, by Doggieboy80 (Epilogue 1)
- Someone Set Up Us the Bomb, by Smileyfax (Parts 2 to 4): This is certainly an unusual avocation for Daria: domestic atomic terrorist.
- Autobiography of Jane Lane, by CINCGREEN (COMPLETE!): This is beyond fantastic, it's so good. I dare not spoil it. Read it and hang on.
- Apocalyptic Daria, Part One, by Doggieboy (COMPLETE!)
- Scenes No Daria Fanfic Should Have: Dawn of a New Nightmare: Nice to see that Daria has a new hobby: gourmet cooking.
- Scenes that Should Be: Brains for Rent: Cypher offers an intriguing shipper you won't believe at first, but it totally works. My eyes almost popped out of my head. Good job!
More to be added as the day progresses, plus maybe I'll get some work done on the short story and think of an essay while pulling weeds.