Anyway, this evening I will post the fandom holidays I missed in this work-in-progress post for the DFB2, plus all the new fanfiction, fan art, and fan et cetera that's been around. Here we go.
The 12th anniversary of the premiere of Daria itself, "Esteemsters," was two days ago. That day was also the 10th anniversary of "The Old and Beautiful" and the 9th anniversary of "Antisocial Climbers."
Yesterday was the 9th anniversary of an event that took place in a Daria fanfic spinning off from "Fizz Ed." Guess it?
Today is the eight anniversary of the premiere on MTV of "Fat Like Me."
That about covers the missed anniversaries. More anniversaries will be missed next week. Now for the news.
- Brother Grimace urges one and all to vote for the next Legion of Lawndale Heroes leader!
- Wouter posted a nice pic of Jane relaxing in the school yard on PPMB. Thanks!
- thatLONERchick is working on a Daria/Watchmen story. Hot holy @#$%^%$. Hang on for the shockwave.
- 1,181 fans at the Daria Fan Club. This thing sure took off. Needs more polls and quiz questions, hard ones. And thank you for the new pictures!
- Over 70,000 hits here. Whoa.
- The scenes that should not be have spilled over into the scenes that SHOULD be.
- The scenes that should be continue to spill over, but not into the scenes that should NOT be.
- Some new characters were added to Backgrounders, but for the life of me I can't remember who they were or when they were done. Dang.
- Lots more added to the thread called "Finish it Damnit! and Whose world do you want to play in?"
- Interesting DariaWiki additions: Scenes from a Lawndale Christmas, A Night to Remember to Forget, A Visit to Camp Grizzly, Starbears, and A Rookie Mistake. Oh, and Cobb pizza.
- We now return you to a discussion concerning the word "dunt" as it appears in a fanfic, already in progress. Srsly.
- 1800DARIA, by Smileyfax (Part 1): Jane was hunched over laughing on the couch. "Daria, you HAVE to be pulling my leg. You do NOT work at a porn hotline." "Not anymore."
- Falling into College, Year 4: Christmas in White, by Richard Lobinske (COMPLETE!): This is the only complete story in this listing. That means you are required by law to read it.
- Dennis has posted the stories from his Girls Together Sarcastically series. Check 'em out.
- Accidents Will Happen, by undefinedlust (Part 3 finished): "Oh really?" Alison's voice perked with interest. "What's up babe?"
- Acts of Cupidity, by Disco316 (Parts 5 and 6): It being Saturday Night, Valentine’s Day went to his usual starting point, the Zon. He didn’t figure to find too many people he was looking for there, but it was as good a place to start as any. As he canvassed the room, he found two of the people he’d been looking for; unfortunately, they weren’t what anyone would consider a couple.
- The Exile Papers, by Gene (Parts 1-13): I hate this tent. It's smelly and cold. When Janie brought me sandwiches, she also brought a couple of quilts. She's as thoughtful as can be while Wind and Penny are just jerks. I won't say what I'm thinking of Mom right now. Too tied up with her art projects to say anything about what's going on around the house.
- John Lane 39: Leaving Summer, by Richard Lobinske (Part 2): BEST LINE BEGGING FOR AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE: "It's not like you were a bad kisser or anything." [Two stories featuring Alison? Whoa.]
- Legion of Lawndale Heroes Special: Tokusatsu Team Up! by Lorenzo Sauchelli (continued): The red dragon-like monster the five robots were battling looked like it belonged in a Godzilla movie. It towered over every building in the area, and its wings gave the impression that the monster had the ability to swallow all of Tokyo in a few bites.
- A Merry Invitation, by TheSecretSharer (Part 1): Daria as Shakespeare wouldst have done it. Rox yr sox.
- The Other, by TAG (Parts 1 to 7): They that are born on Halloween will see more than other folk.
- Size Does Matter, by BlackHole (Part 38): With a bowl of ‘Model Cereal’ in her hand, a glass of orange juice on the table in front of her, a pajama and bathrobe clad Quinn lounged in front of the big living room TV while the noon news interrupted the procession of the Sunday morning series. Quinn contemplated the motions required to reach for the remote and change the channel, but decided that skipping the news wasn’t worth the effort. (SFMB)
- Turnabout Confusion, Part II: All the King's Horses, by Dennis (continued): "Ms. Morgendorffer," Ms. Li said, "I know for a fact that you have been plotting with Mr. DeMartino to undermine my authority in this school. Now if you confessed your crime, I may be moved to be lenient." She loomed over Daria, her voice barely above a whisper. "You do not want to find out what will happen to you if I am not lenient."
- Two Halves, by Dark Kuno (continued): Quinn’s eyes went wide at the sound of her sister’s angry voice. She turned slowly to find Daria standing behind her with arms crossed and an expression that matched the older girl’s tone.
- alt.tv.daria - Don't even bother clicking.
- Bestuff - Someone admits to a crush on Jane. Someone female. (See below for Daria Lovers Unite!)
- Daria Fan Club - British Daria!
- Daria Lovers Unite! - Is Jane a lesbian? (Srsly.)
- Daria Shrine's MB - Daria appears in House of Tracks magazine.
- FF.net: Sick Sad World - Favorite characters, with digression about Jake
- IUFMB (Tanandaria) - Ranger Throne says hi.
- SFMB - Trapezoid Glasses Girl gets a real name.
- Television Without Pity - An actual real swear-to-God serious discussion about Daria. Srsly!