Today is Botticelli's 564th birthday. Happy Florentine Art Day!
The Jake image, by the way, is from the MTV Daria website. The Jane one came from Daria's Inferno, the computer game.
Brandon League wants to see the Impossible 'Ship, and has created a PPMB thread to discover one. Will he ever find fulfillment?
On the Backgrounders site, Burnout Girl has been updated. I forgot she was a smoker. Also, Pigtails has been completed with UU's marvelous screen captures. (Mine suck.)
Time for fanfic.
- Daylight: Recruitment Day, by Richard Lobinske (COMPLETE!): "That was some ride, Big Jake." "My pleasure, little lady."
- Daylight: A Visit to Camp Grizzly, by Richard Lobinske (COMPLETE!): "This looks like a summer camp." “It was. Most of us were here for a five-year reunion when everything happened."
- Stacy Rowe, Seeker (Part II), by jtranser (continued): As he reached for the switch that would detonate the explosives wrapped around his midsection, Daria screamed: "Get him, Toki!"
- Tales of the Ringbearers: Babysitting Duty, by Doggieboy (COMPLETE!): “One of the school’s drug-sniffing dogs bit Kevin’s crotch after lunch,” Daria said. “I’ve never heard him squeal that high before. Even Brittany doesn’t squeak at that pitch.”
- Turnabout Confusion Part II: All The King's Horses, by Dennis (continued): "You lied about me!" Jane's hands hooked into claws and she made as if to rake them across his face. "You said we slept together!"
- Were and Why, by Brandon League (Part 2): It had seemed so ridiculous at the time. Three days earlier, a very human Daria Morgendorffer lay in her bed casually flipping through a battered and dog-eared copy of The Great Gatsby. Frowning, she reached over and picked up a number two pencil off the nightstand.