In a book about the life of Saint Columba, originally written in Latin, it is noted in Chapter 28 that the saint chased off a monster in the river Ness, which drains directly into the loch. (Go to this link and search for "XXVIII" to get to the English translation of the chapter.) Interesting reading.
However, do you know that not a single Daria fanfic makes use of the Loch Ness Monster except in the briefest passing, despite the fact that we once had a thread that discussed a live toad allegedly found at the bottom of Loch Ness, which created a toad-smoking meme that went on for years? What's the matter with you people? Get on the stick! Make "Monster" about the real thing!
On another important topic: what do you want to see on the Daria DVD set? This magical question is being asked on PPMB, so go to that thread and contribute.
Can you give some fanfic help for OverlordMikey? Go to this PPMB thread if so.
Speaking of OverlordMikey, he has started a new Iron Chef for PPMB: Crazy Pairing Story. Any takers?
And another Iron Chef: Unwanted alien pets! Next, on Sick Sad World!
- Pigskin Caduceus, by HolyGrail2007 (Part 1): “Now, class,” Mr. DeMartino said, “which of you can pull your heads out from under the rock where you’ve been living, and explain to me what the Monroe Doctrine was? How about you, Miss Griffin?” He turned to Sandi Griffin, one of Quinn’s friend. “Why should I care about what some dead people say?” she responded.
- A Mess in Lawndale, by Aloysius (Part 2): “I’m still trying to figure out why you told me about your little secret,” Jane said to Daria as the two teens left the Morgendorffer house. “I mean, if you’re not going to telekinetically pick me up and carry me, then what’s the point?”
- Rainbow Disconnection, by Disco316 (Part 3): “So that’s why you offered to help with my facial rash,” said Daria, intently listening to her sister. “Well, that was part of it, but I meant what I said: skin-care crises transcend personality conflicts,” said Quinn.
- Regifted, by Ajar (Part 14): “Where are you going?” Marina asked. “Just to the bathroom," said Jodie. "I've got to get ready quickly to make it to class on time.” “I don't know if I can let you do that.” “Why not?” asked Jodie suspiciously.
- Sick, Sad World, by Ajar (COMPLETE!): "Did you look at the tape? Did you see me on Sick, Sad World?" "There was no tape." "There was no Sick, Sad World on last night?" "Not last night... Not ever."
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Daria Kills Jane, or Vice Versa), by OverlordMikey (COMPLETE!): Daria confronted her former friend atop the roof of Lawndale High. The night air had chilled her to the bone, but now that she stood in front of the one she had searched for it no longer mattered. "Jane." "Oh Daria, you came!"
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Daria Kills Jane, Or Vice Versa), by Paisleygal (COMPLETE!): The sound of Daria’s boots on the linoleum floor seemed to echo through the quiet hallway. The nurse looked up from her computer and smiled at the small woman. She glanced at the clock even though she didn’t need to. It was 11:00am Sunday morning, time for Daria’s weekly visit.