Tuesday, August 4, 2009

X Stands for "The Lawndale File"

We need more Artie fics, I was just thinking. Let's see, ten years ago exactly, "The Lawndale File" was released from its cage on MTV. I wrote a bit about this last year. Not sure how many more Daria fanfics or fanfic concepts were spawned from this episode. Anyone have any favorites? (I liked this one.) There was a naughty story based on Artie and the aliens, I recall, but we won't go there. If someone could fix up the appropriate page in DariaWiki, we would all be very grateful.

Going to the Midwest US Dariacon? Check here!

What else is going on... the President of the United States turns 48 today. Many more happies to you.

Ninety-seven years ago today, a man was born in Sweden who had a mostly obscure and unremarkable life until he saw people around him being persecuted, hounded, forced into railroad cars to be taken away to death camps. He then did a very remarkable thing: he began saving people. No one can say how many Hungarian Jews Raoul Wallenberg rescued from certain death, though it is in the tens of thousands at least. Thank you for everything.

Oh! And who could forget Saint Sithney, whose feast day this is? Someone really needs to write a story about this Saints' Day Holiday from Holiday Island High School. He is really and truly the patron saint of mad dogs. That's what I said. Perhaps he is still trying to heal Jake Morgendorffer's emotional trauma from this mad dog.

Moar 2 kumm. Stae toond. Oh! Right, someone asked for a link to that alter ego of Daria as a motorcyclist. Here it is. It was part of a screensaver posted on The N's website once. I used it as "D-Day" Morgendorffer, but it is exactly the same pic. Enjoy.

7 comments:

pinkminx said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pinkminx said...

It just so happens I got Artie in my new Reaped out Act 1... weird :D I seriously think you have superpowers TAG...

pinkminx said...

ooops mean act 2...

The Angst Guy said...

My superpowers only function in subzero temperatures.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link to the 'Biker Daria' image. Isn't there a full-length version of that image as part of an 800x600 wallpaper somewhere though?

The Angst Guy said...

No, the image is cut off at the waist, like the image you have (which came from The-N's screensaver). Wait, I'll post a smaller version of the same picture, which I just took off the WayBack Machine from the year 2000. Check the new posts.

Black Sheep Radical said...

Thank you. I want to get it made into a vinyl sticker for my bike!