Friday, August 14, 2009

Who's Who in the Dariaverse Today

We start with an alter ego of Tiffany Blum-Deckler as Lina Wertmüller, a famed Italian film director I had never heard of until a year and a half ago when I looked her up because I wanted to publish this image on the blog. I still have not seen any of Ms. Wertmüller's movies. Ms. Wertmüller was born on this day 83 years ago. I cannot find the original image from which this one was drawn, but perhaps there wasn't one. Still an excellent outfit for the Tiff.

Also born today: Gary Larson, beloved cartoonist (The Far Side) and Old West gunfighter Doc Holliday, who appeared in a Daria fanfic. My favorite Far Side panel was (of course) "Roger Screws Up."

Moar l8r. Back again.

UU and I are working on the Backgrounders website again. You are invited to look in and see which characters are in the process of getting makeovers.

Silver has collected the continuing M4 story series into one thread on PPMB.

PPMB
  • Stacy Rowe, Seeker (Part II), by jtranser (continued): Under normal circumstances, her dates back on Earth had their brains fried by orgasmic recoil from her biocongruency with the ship. It was nice to know that her date wasn't just like most guys.

No comments: