Seventy-nine years ago today, the first-ever animated cartoon done with sound and shot in Technicolor was released: "Fiddlesticks." It can be seen in its entirety on YouTube. This of course led to Daria, today, and for that we honor it.
Singer/actress Madonna turns 51 today. Kemical Reaxion did a special series of Daria fan art based on Madonna's many incarnations. "The Ten Faces of Madonna" is a marvel to behold. We also have an official MTV alter ego of Brittany as Madonna, one of Helen as Madonna, one of Ms. Li as Madonna (as someone else), etc., so you see how important Madonna is to Daria fandom.
- The Request, by Quinnley1 (Parts 1 through 8): “Dar-ia! I hope you’re not planning on sleeping until noon every day during summer break. Time to get up and at least pretend that you are in training to be a productive member of society!”
- True Crud, by Pinkminx (Part 1): [The intriguing Daria/True Blood crossover found here on PPMB.]
- Rolling the Dice, by Ajar (Part 3): “Hello again,” said Jane with false enthusiasm. “It's so nice for you to include me in all these Fashion Club meetings. But, at this point, you might want to change the name to the D20 Club.”
- Stacy Rowe, Seeker (Part II), by jtranser (COMPLETE!): According to the Maya, the tree Chacchokal has always existed and was there when the Maya first entered the forest of Chakur. In their belief system, this unique Ceiba tree connects the Heavens, Earth and the Underworld and binds them all together as the Universe of the Fifth Sun. [Now waiting for Part III!]
- Unnamed story (Crossovers Not Yet Crossed Over), by Richard Lobinske (Part 1): "Hi! You're cool. What's your name?" "Daria. Daria Morgendorffer." "Cool name." "Will you go out with me?"
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Daria Kills Jane, or Vice Versa...), by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): Jane felt the ringing in her ears clearing up, well enough for her to hear the chanting of the Lawndale residents...