Sunday, March 23, 2008

Nothing New Under the Sun? Not Here!

Looking for more Daria weirdness on the 'net? You've come to the right post.

First stop, the cast helps explain a peculiar urban legend with religious overtones: Daria In... "Beware Of Smurfs"

Next, we have a page from The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network and Cable TV Shows, 1946-Present, 8th ed. It's a PDF file. As you read over the entry, do you notice anything glaringly . . . odd about it? How could they screw that up?

Then, there's Mii Plaza, a site that offers various custom elements for your Wii system. In the Cartoon Mii section are various images of Daria sent in by Wii gamers. Interesting gallery.

And now we come to The Daria Test, an online dating exam on OKCupid. I don't see how this is related to dating unless you only want to date Daria nerds. Uh, not that there's anything wrong with that.

On Sleeps.com, someone describes a dream involving Daria . . . and a courtroom case, ABBA music, the singer Meatloaf, and a canoe. Further comment is unnecessary.

Daria as TV therapy. Okay, this one makes sense.

Daria is voted into Mensa, sort of. (Search for "Daria" to find relevant comments.)

And finally, the "Jane Lane" group on Last-FM. I have no idea what this is about. On the surface, it seems to be a "community" of Jane Lane fans who love music, but I feel like I'm missing something here. I think they regard Jane as their role model for life and are trying to live as she would. Maybe I should join.

Happy Easter.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dydn't see anythyng wrong with the Dyrectory. Y, should I have? :p

The Angst Guy said...

I dydn't see anythyng wrong with the Dyrectory. Y, should I have? :p

Y, no.

Anonymous said...

Gee, and here I thought you meant the incorrect total of 69 episodes produced. :)

The Angst Guy said...

Well . . . yeah, that too.

Anonymous said...

65 episodes +2 movies + 1 pilot + 1 special (Looking back in annoyance) = 69!

slumshoes said...

What about the Sarcastathon 3000? BTW, where can i get Sarcastathon 3000 pix?