"The Misery Chick" made its debut eleven years ago today, and "Jake of Hearts" nine years ago today. A lot has recently been added to the description of Tommy Sherman on DariaWiki of late, so you can look that up for your daily dose of misery.
"Jake of Hearts" is one of those third-season episodes that had a big impact on fanfiction set in the future (i.e., after Is It College Yet?), namely in introducing Jake's Final Heart Attack or Jake's Quadruple Bypass. What else did "Jake of Hearts" give us?
- Ruth Morgendorffer
- Spatula Man
- Screaming puppets in a fiery plane crash
- Bomb-sniffing dogs at Lawndale High
- Taco Tuesday
- Cedars of Lawndale ER
- Bats disguised as flying squirrels
- Doctor Quinn, Medicine Woman
- Z-93's raunch-a-riffic list of 101 words for sex
- Thrombocytopenic Complications After Stent Placement Post-Coronary Artery Angioplasty
- Jake telling Daria he think she will be in charge of the family after his death
- Upchuck and the dark underbelly of passion ("Upchuck? Eww...")
- Mental in the Morning
- Mad Dog Morgendorffer and his razor phobia
- Heart Smart lima-bean cupcakes
- Door number three in the Morgendorffer genetic code
- Jake and Daria bonding at last
- Garden gnomes
ART! Got some new Jane Lane art from newcomer Jim North: Sharpgluer. Thanks, man! That rules!
MORE ART! Jim North has also produced . . . IT'S ART! (another magnificent Jane creation!)