"Road Worrier" premiered on MTV just eleven years ago today, and "It Happened One Nut" did the same nine years ago at this time. Both are favorites of Daria/Trent shippers. I thought the latter was funnier, though the former gets higher ratings from fans.
My favorite scene in RW is when Jane can tell Daria is thinking up sarcastic remarks but doesn't dare say them aloud. My favorite scene in IHON comes when Daria and Jane walk through the Lawndale Mall looking for jobs but, of course, deliberately miss all the "help wanted" signs. And I loved Joanna. I need to use her in a fanfic sometime. If you have a favorite scene from either episode, or a favorite line of dialogue, put it in the Comments section for all to admire.
By the way, both episodes' pages on DariaWiki need some work. Please contribute! I'll do my part soon. (LATE ADD: Okay, I added something. Your turn.)
Fanfic Quiz: In Brother Grimace's story, "The One Day We Forget," who died on this day in 1976?
Richard Lobinske has again updated the 2008 Visual FanWorks Listing. Outstanding! How far behind am I on updating the fanfic list? Oh. Better get to it this month.
I forgot earlier to mention that C.F.'s masterful essay on Outpost Daria about Daria's role in Beavis and Butt-head has been updated! Read and celebrate!
Few recent stories have inspired the level of feedback and argument/discussion that "Common People" has managed to ignite. Kudos to NightGoblyn for whacking the hornet's nest. You rule!
PROBLEM: For reasons unknown, someone has posted a Danny Phantom story to the Daria section in FF.net. Any ideas on how to get it (re-)moved?
- Box to the Future, by Smileyfax (Part 6): Things just get worse and worse, spiraling totally out of control. I love it. (Doubt that the Morgendorffers' home in Highland had two floors, judging from the pic in "Boxing Daria," but who cares. Much goodness here.)
- The Long Shot, by livingsacrifice22 (Part 1): "Oh, get off it, Quinn. You had nothing to do with Stacy's new-found love or whatever." But Quinn doesn't agree, and she becomes a matchmaker. You know this is going to end badly, so start reading!
- Calling Calliope, by Dennis (Part 1): It's Tiffany. On Dega Street. With an old acquaintance from "Lucky Strike." OMG OMG OMG.
- The Cynic and The Defender, by Doggieboy (Part 6): The knife in his back came as a total surprise.
- New Life, by legendeld (Part 9): “Your folks are really cool,” Trent said after arriving at the restaurant. “They’re sex fiends,” Quinn grumbled.
- Stacy Rowe, Seeker (Part II), by jtranser (continued): "I charge extra for stupidity." —Luhrman. [Another immortal fanfic line!]
- Too Late, by legendeld (COMPLETE!): Angst. It's not just for breakfast, lunch, and dinner anymore. Mmmmmmmmmmm.