Today is also the traditional beginning of the Dog Days of summer, and it is the 46th birthday of a famous actor who drinks the blood of virgins, according to Daria and Jane, who ought to know since he hasn't gone looking for them.
In penguin-oriented news, on this sad tragic awful bad day only 164 years ago, the last pair of Great Auks were killed. Damn you, Mister Normal! Trent was right!
The latest DariaWiki entry: Damien. And . . .
OUTPOST DARIA HAS UPDATED! YEEE-HAAAW!!!
Thank you, Martin!!!
That's about it. Tomorrow is a special day central to a buttload of Daria fanfics. We (by which I mean me) will try to name most of them in a long list. Look for it. First, however:
- Box to the Future, by Smileyfax (Part 4): "There's a weird guy in our box. He has tattoos and pierced ears—why does he have pierced ears?—and he smells funny." [I love this.]
- John Lane #35: Give Me a C! by Richard Lobinske (COMPLETE!)
- The Lawndalian Candidate, by MMan (continued): "One thing I don't think you'll like, Daria," said Jodie. "Mandatory extracurricular activities."
- Stacy Rowe, Seeker (Part II), by jtranser (continued): "And they all laughed. Just like I did later when the trap door opened and Jamie, Jeffy, and Joey fell into the carcass processor as it started up."
- Screw You, Mary Sue! by durgarox (continued): Fourth-wall violations, self-insertion, character revolts, and fanfic goodness.
- Size Does Matter, by BlackHole (Part 26): “Unless you want your own share of lesbian rumors, you’d better stay clear of me.” (Commentary on story is here.) (PPMB version here.)