The same old problem is still here, how to keep the fandom's interest fresh during the long wait. I've been tinkering with various shared world ideas. Other people are creating marvelous art and writing great stories. A year is a long time to wait, but we've been around a lot longer than that. It will be a great day to have DVDs in our hands.
More "Small Jokes" from Pinhead are appearing on PPMB, specially altered renditions of Daria alter egos. Wonderful stuff. LATE ADD: And he has created a masterpiece collage from assorted alter egos: JAM!
LATE ADD: Roentgen has thrown down a really strange challenge before us. Can you resolve the impossible situation in Iron Chef: Contract Dispute?
LATE ADD: Malakite asks if Daria should have been called The Quinn Show. Who got the most on-screen time: Daria, Quinn, or Jane?
- My Bizarre Daria Dream Fic, by FantasyChick (COMPLETE!): Jane, Trent and a long black haired guitar player were together on a patch of grass under some fully blooming trees and surrounded by fully blooming bushes.
- NEW! The Curse of El Smoocho, by Roentgen (Part 1): "GAAHHHHHH!!" Quinn wiped her mouth as she looked up, but the pervert had disappeared without a trace. She didn't even get a good look at him.
- Finn Morgendorffer 6: Beautiful, by HolyGrail2007 (Part 1): “Hmmm...” He was thinking of inviting his Aunt Rita to come down for a game soon, but, unfortunately, Rita’s beau Roger had been in an accident recently, and things did not look good.
- NEW! The Highlander, by Smileyfax (COMPLETE!): Daria hated Highland, hated it down to her toenails. The Morgendorffers had almost escaped the town once, four years ago. Helen had had an interview to join a law firm in some town called Lawndale, but Helen had returned to Highland empty-handed, muttering about "damn perverts." Daria decided she didn't want to know. (FF.net)
- Lawndale's Finest—Detective Stories 4: Fledge, by NightGoblyn (Part 3): The message, scrawled in what was apparently lipstick, read, The science teacher tried to test me, but I’m not a humanitarian. As Robin read it, she heard a low giggle from the darkened room ahead. [NEWEST! Part 4: Stacy’s first clue that she wasn’t dead was the pain; a constant, dull ache that seemed to come from everywhere and pulsed in time with her heart beat. Her ear was ringing from the communicator blow out, and her ribs sent her angry messages every time she breathed. She slowly opened her eyes and noticed that the left lens of her goggles was cracked.]
- NEWEST! Meowlody Powers, by Richard Lobinske (Part 3): Instinctively curling her long tail close to her body, Meowlogy sneaked through the revolving doors and was free to roam the store, looking for her target. Anti-assassination duty was always messy business, especially when Meowlody was told that she didn't need to know the identity of the target.
- Rolling the Dice, by Ajar (COMPLETE!): Jane rolled some twenty-sided dice. “While you are distracted by this fascinating can, Tiffany suddenly faceplants the pavement.” “Faaace...plaaant...I alwayyys thought I'd beee a prettyyy flowerrr...”
- Stacy Rowe, Seeker (Part III), by jtranser (continued): The patterns within the patterns swirled and writhed, moving from fractals to paisleys to golden sections to previously unknown non-euclidean geometrical distortions.... [NEWEST! continued: While en route to the center of the milky way, the chinchillas suddenly left their places of concealment and erupted all through Stacy's ship body, breaking into thousands of launch tubes filled with Brussels Sprouts and ravenously devouring billions of sentient sprouts.]
- NEW! That Was Then, This Is Where I Don't. Fair Enough? by TAG (COMPLETE!): "I still don't know how Jane caught ebola from eating leftover Chinese food."
- NEW! Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Contract Dispute), by Smileyfax (COMPLETE!): Daria and Jane were walking to school, as was their wont. "Did you study for your math test?" Daria asked, knowing that the answer was probably no.
- Unnamed story (Scenes no Daria fanfic should have: Hump Day), by Aloysius (COMPLETE!): Daria, Jane, Kevin, Quinn, Charles, Scarlett, Sandi and Mack skipped all the way to Lawndale High School, arm in arm as they sang a song of friendship. "We're all friends, we all get along, everything that happens to us is always good, even the school lunch is good!"
- Unnamed story (TAG: write a fic based on this bombing of the moon quick!), by Deref (COMPLETE!): "It's easy for you to criticize, Daria. You have a teaching job to keep you busy—grading all those papers to keep you entertained during the wee small hours. I, on the other hand..." "...should have stuck to art instead of rocket science."