There's a very nice sketch of Daria listening to music, by Pinhead, on PPMB. Ranger Thorne has also finished a very nice work with Daria in a brand new style. She looks taller, doesn't she?
New Iron Chef: Teachers as Students, by Greystar!
- NEW! Sinspiration, by Vlora (Part 24): "You said no to an agent?" Jane managed to get out, her voice shaking. Daria and Jane had spent the better part of the day trying to get the answer out of Trent; he seemed reluctant to discuss the matter any further than its occurrence. "You, a struggling musician, said no to an offer of a tour and a paid series of gigs? Oy."
- NEW! Fat Man's Grave, by TAG and Brother Grimace (Part 4): Police entered the Morgendorffer home using keys given them by either Quinn or Stacy, then discovered evidence of radioactive contamination and summoned a hazmat team from the fire department. If I thought a circus was playing out in my hospital room, what then took place at the Morgendorffers’ was the chariot-racing Circus Maximus of all time. The helicopter coverage of the crowd was especially entertaining. (HTML)
- Finn Morgendorffer 9: Legends and Losers (Part 1): “Hey, Finn, did you hear, dude, did you hear?” Kevin was speaking in excited tones as he, Finn, and Mack all walked down the hallway. “Hear what?” Finn asked. With Kevin, one would never know just what popped into his head. “The man, dude. The man is coming.” Kevin could barely contain his enthusiasm. “Tommy Sherman is coming into town," said Mack. "You didn’t hear about that?”
- In Silence Sarcastic, by Trscroggs (Part 1): Jodie Landon privately admitted to herself that she was only a decent observer of people. So it came of no surprise that her that she couldn’t get a read on the new student. The new girl certainly didn’t make it easy. Jodie was quite certain she had not heard her say a single word so far.
- Invisible Love, by Charliefox2012 (Parts 1 to 4): Duncan Morgendorffer sat in the backseat of his dad’s blue Lexus. His little sister, Quinn, was sitting in the front passenger seat putting on her make-up. Duncan rolled his eyes. He didn’t get why a fourteen and half year old girl needed to wear make-up. Quinn wasn’t supposed to be attractive at this age. At the moment, the two were waiting in the car for their dad. “We’re going to be late,” Duncan muttered. “Well, dad did get up later than us,” Quinn said. “Obviously, he forgot that he was supposed to take us to school.” (FF.net)
- NEW! Lawndale's Finest, Detective Stories 5: Belfry, by Lorenzo Sauchelli (COMPLETE!): Batgirl opened one of her belt's pockets and extracted from it a glowing green rock. According to her data, and what little information she had gathered from Quinn's letters when she first moved to Lawndale, she was fairly sure it was the silver bullet against the mighty Supergirl. [Last part is here.]
- Nightmare results, still thinking on a title, by Aloysius (Part 1): The runners got closer and Daria blinked as she looked at them. “Hold on, Jane.” “You should join us, Daria. Nothing like running to get a body all hot and bothered.” She grinned. “Well, almost nothing, I mean.” “Jane, stay in the car! Look at them!”
- Our Time Now, by Charliefox2012 (Part 4): “Hey, what’s wrong? I tried calling your house,” Jane said worriedly. “Dad set the house on fire,” Daria replied.
- Reusably Complex, by Ajar (Part 6): "Would someone tell me how she knew that Ms. Li was going to hire me to replace Mr. Edwards?" "Like I said, I've experienced this all before." "No, I mean how did you really know?"
- Shadows of a Timeless Song, by Dennis (Part 6): Daria spent morning, noon, and night tracing the history of King Arthur's sword through the myriad version of the story, and looking for hints of Avalon's—or Abhalljin's—location. Jane, now understanding her friend's obsession, provided a useful sounding board when Daria needed one, sometimes accompanying her to the library, more often joining her in her room after dinner. But it wasn't Jane who was present when Daria finally had her breakthrough.
- NEW! Unnamed story (Three-peat! New Ideas Thread Wins Again!), by thatLONERchick (Part 1): Daria awoke in a fog. She lifted her head from the pillow, hair stuck to the side of her face and ruffled with sleep, to find a single glistening ruby perched upon the white linen pillowcase.
- Wristcutters: A Daria Story, by Charliefox2012 (COMPLETE!): “I love you,” Eugene said simply. Daria looked at him confused and startled. Eugene waved his hand dismissively. “Not like that. I mean I love you like my… dyke friend,” he said and grinned. Daria rolled her eyes, but smiled. She thought a moment before she spoke. “And I love you like my idiot friend,” she said easily. (FF.net)