Chicken Soup for the Butt (later collected as part of the megavolume, Reading Sucks) says that Daria is a Scorpio. Today begins the Scorpio part of the zodiac, so her birthday is sometime between now and November 21st. Happy Birthday, Daria! Now, if we only knew when Jane's birthday was....
This is also the birthday of "Weird Al" Yankovic, beloved of many in this fandom. Do you like chemistry? Today is also Mole Day for you science nerds.
Seven years ago today, the now-defunct online comic Mall Monkeys had some special guests. The artwork was borrowed from Outpost Daria.
Last year about this time, Daria fan Dr. Mike pointed out an unusual resemblance between another online character, Clarice, and Daria Morgendorffer. You be the judge, though I will point out Daria does like books and has been depicted (in canon) wearing an outfit like the one Clarice wears in her second-shift job.
Five years ago, "Save the Nauga’s Hide" was completed by Greystar. Fun story!
- Acidgirl has her own new version of Jane from "Love Is a Series of Burning Sensation."
- Anti-Trope, by Pinkminx (Part 4): Dean sat quietly at a desk toward the front of the class. He turned in his chair to survey the rest of students in the room, realizing the strong female presence in the first few rows of desks. In fact, he was the only male in the front section of the class; every other male student was seated in the back rows. As Dean pondered this abnormality his thoughts were interrupted by the shrill, nasally voice of his science teacher.
- Finn Morgendorffer 9: Legends and Losers, by HolyGrail2007 (COMPLETE!): Finn stood up and looked at himself in the mirror. It was a ritual he performed at least three times a day, more if he had a date or other excuse to be presentable. And the mirror, just like before showed it’s reflection. Finn’s hair was a little in disarray because he had been laying on the bed, but he still looked as handsome as ever. Except for his mouth. Finn couldn’t smile.
- NEW! Finn Morgendorffer 10: Finn the Brain, by HolyGrail2007 (Part 1): “When I assigned you that essay on the styles of writing poetry, I knew I’d get work that reflected the teen within, whether it be the happy-go-lucky cheerleader or the quiet, sensitive person—but never was I so impressed as I was by the essay that Finn Morgendorffer wrote for us!”
- Invisible Love, by Charliefox2012 (Part 6): “What are you doing?” Duncan asked. “Drawing,” Jane said, not looking up from her sketchbook. Duncan smirked. “I kind of figured that.” Jane grinned. “Then why’d you ask? And you’re supposed to be smart.” (FF.net)
- NEW! A Minty Move-in Day, by Aloysius (COMPLETE!): When the boy and his dad laid their loads on the unmade bed, they left the room and Linda sat her box on top of a nearby desk and wiped her forehead. “I hate carrying boxes,” she muttered. “So I’ll take a brief rest.” The Dawson boy looked at the woman and said, “Mrs. Griffin?” Linda looked at him, her eyebrows raised, and saw that he held out a mint container. “Would you like a Paul’s Fresh Mint?”
- The Substitute, by Echopapa (Part 1): Angela Li looked up from her computer screen to the woman sitting at the opposite end of her desk. O’Neill’s nervous breakdown had left her short an English teacher, and the flu virus that was sweeping Lawndale had ravaged the available pool of substitutes, forcing her to hire from the outside. It was fortunate that this resume had arrived in her email yesterday; even more fortunate that this applicant was able to come over from Gotham City on such short notice.
- NEW! Unnamed story (Halloween IC: The Mist), by NightGoblyn (COMPLETE!): "We're gonna die in here, we're gonna die in here, weregonnadieinhere, weregonnadieinhere, weregonnadieinhere!" "Stacy!" Quinn shouted, shaking her friend by the shoulders. "We're not gonna freakin' die! Now calm down!"