The Facebook Daria page is moving along quickly. Mostly just short bits posted by fans, but fun to read, like popcorn is fun to eat. Not a lot else going on elsewhere. SFMB is pretty dead except for political chat. FF.net has some updates, most of them PPMB stories. DariaWiki has had a lot of work done on it lately by Richard Lobinske, Disco316, Doggieboy, Brother Grimace, JPAGC, Vlademir1, and a host of others. Thank you all!
The bad news is that the loss of GeoCities sites dealt the fandom a real blow. We should watch the news for similar announcements of the closure of web-hosting services, particularly the free ones, and save all we can.
On a happier topic, let's see what we have in the way of new fanfiction online.
- Is It the Future Yet? by Richard Lobinske (COMPLETE!): "Are we sure we want to do this?" "Subject ourselves to another four or five more years of school? Why not? We're gluttons for punishment."
- Take Me on the Floor, by MandeeMistress (Part 5): Daria stretched herself out on the Lane couch. She wasn't sure where the two siblings were; or if they were even home. She lay back and allowed her eyes to shut for a while.
- Chelsea, by Disco316 (COMPLETE!): “Aw right! It’sh time for the main coursh! Daria, if thish doeshn’t turn you into a carpet cleaner, nuffing will!”
- John Lane 43: We're on a Mission, Richard Lobinske (Part 4): "Today has been fantastic. I started off with a pedicure to absolutely die for, then a high-precision, organically herbal exfoliation cream treatment, a micromoisturizing facial, eyebrow waxing and then the best manicure of my life." "What did they do? Put you on the express train?"
- Legion of Lawndale Heroes Mini: Play a Game, by Psychotol (COMPLETE!): “WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION NUMBNUTS? DIDN’T YOUR MOMMY AND DADDY SHOW YOU ENOUGH AFFECTION WHEN YOU WERE A CHILD?” [Guess the crossovers!]
- Regifted, by Ajar (Part 21): Ryan introduced each person. “Well, this is Mack, Jodie's ex. That's Jane, a friend of Daria's. And she's Quinn, Daria's sister.” “I see,” said David, ignoring the greetings of the assembled. “So is it Mac like the Celtic surname prefix or Mack like the truck? Also, Daria means wealthy and Quinn means wise; you wouldn't happen to have a sister named Vivian, would you? Although, being teenagers I doubt you're early to bed or to rise. Hormones make people our age have a tendency for late nights. Of course, external factors like homework and television contribute as well. That's actually one of the arguments for reducing homework, that people learn better when they're well rested and homework discourages adequate sleep...”
- A Trick or Treat III, by legendeld (first story COMPLETE!): “Now after the cemetery séance is over, we have to get to the ghost tour of Lawndale loading area. Last thing for the night is the haunted house.”