Look for the latest goodies here. Thanks!
NEWZ ALERT! Kara Wild has discovered that Daria is listed among Television Without Pity's Top 10 Spinoffs! Most excellent!
Some New Iron Chefs have hit town on PPMB.
- Glasses No More (Lorenzo Sauchelli): Daria loses her glasses. How will she cope?
- Who Is Rita Barksdale? (Ms. Kinnikufan): Can more light be shed on Rita Barksdale in fanfiction? Can you do it?
- Iron Chef and/or Discussion: Gender Bender (NightGoblyn): Reverse sexes on all characters, but keep their personalities. What happens next?
- Population Explosion: Create your own Daria character for everyone to use!
- Pinead does a magnificent drawing of Jane Lane from "Daria 2007: The Girl from Hope."
- Pinhead next goes for a "Small Joke." Naughty, naughty!
- And he does the Lane Family's cats.
Lots of new stuff is online, and here's the takedown for the shakedown of the rundown on the lowdown, so get down! (Note: I've tried to avoid repeating FF.net stories that have already appeared on PPMB, except to add their links to earlier mentions of those stories in the blog.)
- Am I Home Yet? by Earthboy111 (Part 2, continued after 2.5 years!): Jane’s attitude hadn’t changed much, the two friends had seen very little of each other since the fall, despite their two universities being relatively close, each had been too engrossed in their own projects to socialize, at least that’s what they told themselves.
- Nothing Wrong with Being Hufflepuff, by Daria234 (Part 1): "Miss Lane! Are you sure that you're following my instructions precisely?" "I'll check again, Professor Snape," Jane responded. From the row behind them, Daria and Jane could hear Draco whisper, "What can you expect from a Mudblood?"
- Take Me on the Floor, by MandeeMistress (Part 4): Sunlight was such a brutal alarm clock. How long had she been asleep for? He vision was still impaired from the night before and her stomach was making waves comparable to the ocean. She had no idea where her glasses were, or how they had ended up off. She turned to her side and saw Trent...
- Checkers and Angel, by Roentgen (COMPLETE!): "Gay? No way! Larry is so much not gay that it hurts!" Checkers spotted someone in the crowd. "Oh my god! Here he comes now! Shut up, shut up!"
- Finn Morgendorffer, by HolyGrail2007 (Part 4 COMPLETE!): “And just wait until November, Dad.” Finn turned to Jake, whom he hoped would be his ally in this. “The guys and I have been practicing our fighting. When you see me in the ring, you’re gonna be proud.” [Story followed by a round-table discussion of metrosexuality and ADHD.]
- Finn Morgendorffer 5: What Kind of Model?, by HolyGrail2007 (COMPLETE!): “You’ve got a good look, sweetheart. What’s your name?” “Sandi.” “Sandi, could you do a little runway for me? Just walk to the back of the room and then back here.” [Part 2: “Always remember your product, girls. When you are posing for catalogs, it’s all about you and the product. This leads to a happy client. Happy clients will contact your agent again, and your agent will remember it.”] [Part 3: Done!]
- La Tigresse, by Roentgen (COMPLETE!): "Before you ask questions...." muttered Tiffany, "I'm surrre you're interested in why...I'm in...the Fashion Club. When people meet me, they ask...whyyyy are you in the Fashion Cluuuuub?"
- Lawndale's Finest—Detective Stories 4: Fledge, by NightGoblyn (Part 1): “She’s awake, but she’s still groggy,” Amy said. “God only knows what kind of chemicals she has running rampant through her system. The blood work is all over the map, half of the compounds are things the lab guys have never seen before.” “Well, at least she’s alive, right?”
- Mart of Weirdness, Greystar (COMPLETE!): "Payday is currently experiencing a temporary power outage. Sales of butane, propane, methane, gasoline and other combustibles will be temporarily suspended until the sprinklers and ventilation system are working again, and we can get the damn doors open. Thank you for shopping the Payday waAAIIEEEEEEE!!!!!"?
- Meowolody Powers, by Richard Lobinbske (Part 1): Meowlody crept in through the barely open window and dropped to the carpeted floor without a sound. She stepped out from behind the curtain as if she'd been there all afternoon. "Meow." The Chosen One spun around and said, "There you are. Where have you been hiding?" "Mewor." Sorry, that's classified. [And now, Part II!: "Fresh, not frozen."]
- Our Time Now, by Charliefox2012 (Part 2): “Well, I'll show Helen. I'll pick up Quinn and make the lasagna,” Jake said building up confidence. “When Jake Morgendorffer says he'll do something, he dos it, I mean does it. Dammit!” he said firmly. Daria only watched him, hoping that this madness wasn’t genetic.
- Regifted, by Ajar (Part 18): “I know you brains aren't exactly good with this kind of thing, but when you want to stop rumors that you're going out with someone you shouldn't ask her friends how she's doing.” “Nonsense. I just want to know how she is dealing with the slanderous accusations. That would be of interest to me, whether they are true or not.”
- Room Spins, by Roentgen (COMPLETE!): "Are you surrrre you don't want to go down to the Quarry?" Skylar smiled. "Gag," said Sandi. "You're drunk." "And you shared. You had like a fifth."
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Population Explosion), by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): The attractive sixteen-year-old massaged her palm, still slightly sore after she had slapped that absolutely horrid Ruttheimer boy soundly across the face. How could he even imagine that I would find him attractive! He's small, and gangly, and for someone who supposedly comes from money, dresses like he's run through a thrift story with double-sided tape attached to his knickers, hoping something stylish would stick...
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fanfic Should Have: Hump Day), by thatLONERchick (COMPLETE!): For the fourth time in half an hour, Jane stuck her index finger deep into her belly button, brought the digit up to her nose and sniffed. "Why does my bellybutton smell like salami?"
- Unnamed story, by Teeki (Part 2): Still mostly asleep, Daria pushed aside the questions about the object on the floor and just kept walking. When she reached the lump, she stepped on it, squishing down hard like she had with all the Barbie shoes and purses and cars. But right away, she knew this was a bad move.
- What I'm Pondering, by Dennis (COMPLETE!): "Gee, Daria, what do you want to do tonight?" Jane asked. "The same thing we do every night, Jane!" Daria replied, deadpan as always. "Kill Tom."
- Wristcutters: A Daria Story, by Charliefox2012: [A great story, now up to Part 16! FF.net version is being revised.]
- Wrylight, by Pinkminx (Part 5): "... And I need you to help me collect the dinner later. I don't care if you refuse to eat..." Trent's voice trailed off as he stood on the threshold of his sister's room and saw Daria. He rubbed his neck nervously as his eyes shifted from Daria to Jane. "Ah, Janey?" (FF.net)