On this very day, October 15th, Scene 8 of Galen "Lawndale Stalker" Hardesty's "Blood Oath of Patriots II: By Any Other Name" takes place. I'm just thankful this blog was able to let you know that.
Let's see, it's Nietzsche's birthday, it's Global Handwashing Day, I guess that's about it. Enjoy.
- Finn Morgendorffer 7: History on Skates, by HolyGrail2007 (COMPLETE!): “Mister D told me I’m not Daria, Finn thought. Unlike when other people, like his mother, said that he wasn’t Daria, there wasn’t anything else to the statement. There was no subtext, no disappointment in not joining academic clubs. Mr. D did chastise him for his grades, and said he could do better, but there was no reason for him to do that.
- Finn Morgendorffer 8: Family Ties, by HolyGrail2007 (Part 1): Why the hell did I get suckered into this? Finn thought. He knew the answer to it, of course, but that didn’t make it any less believable. “What do you think?” The woman’s voice called from the dressing room. The door opened a second later, and out stepped Helen Morgendorffer, wearing a pink business dress.
- John Lane 43: We're On A Mission, by Richard Lobinske (part 1): "Hi, Tom. It's John Lane." "Uh, hi," Tom said, curious about the call. "What's going on?" "I was hoping to catch a ride from you this Saturday." "I guess, but don't you have a car?" "I don't trust it to go to very far."
- Lawndale's Finest, Detective Stories 5: Belfry, by Lorenzo Sauchelli (Part 1): Amelia caressed Quinn's head, "There's no fever, so it's safe to say the dose wasn't lethal. That's good news, it allows me to have time to work. And to know how much her mind was affected I would need all the time I can get to talk with her."
- Monster Madness, by Trscroggs (Part 1): In the early 1990s, humanity had its first contact with aliens. They weren’t friendly. A giant monster descended on Mexico City and all but destroyed it before vanishing. A short time later, the monster appeared again and leveled another large city. The third attack began like the first two, but...
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fanfic Should Have: Hump Day), by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): The captain of the Polk High debate team turned white with shock as the crowd in the auditorium, equally stunned, all set their gazes towards Daria. "But-but-but you aren't serious?" the boy gasped. "You can't actually believe shooting people will help make a better world?!"
- Unnamed story (Second Coming of the New Ideas Thread), by Dark Kuno (COMPLETE!): “What's the most you ever lost on a coin toss?” she asked as she finished off the last chip from the snack sized bag. The gas station attendant raised an eyebrow at the unusual question and said, “Ma’am?”