My joke here last year was, "She's barely legal!" If you have a better joke about Helen than than, put it in Comments. At least we can say we've seen her in her legal briefs. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Can't use that one! And I know some places refer to lawyers as solicitors, but this is ridiculous! Ha ha ha ha ha ha! I love myself.
What's in the fandom news section of the paper today.... oh, the Midwest Dariacon at Kristen and Bryan's place is still tentatively set for around Labor Day.
Notorious grammar raconteur "smk" is offering free writing lessons on PPMB for anyone who speaks English and anyone who thinks they speak English. This offer apparently stems from a few nightmarish experiences while beta-reading fanfics.
- And Then Daria and Jane Kissed, by Smileyfax (Part 1): They watched the awkward-looking redhead continue to make a fool of himself some more. "What else would we do?" Jane asked. "There're only so many UFO conventions a year, you know." Daria thought about it. "I don't know. I'm sure we can find ways to keep ourselves occupied." Jane nodded, then smiled. "We could always make out."
- Sinspiration, by Vlora (Part 15): With this horrible resolution in mind, Trent and Daria went back to Trent’s hovel and began working at their music once more. Daria was thankful that Trent seemed to be working at a faster pace than usual. He still seemed to have issues with the idea of a deadline, but he had offered this time—and, with only a few weeks left till she was 18 and Trent needed the music done, he had pulled himself together.
- Cold Comfort, by Doggieboy (Part 6): Daria reached the top of the hill several minutes after leaving the sheriff behind. She bent over slightly, her hands on her knees, as she panted in the now-steady rainfall. Her breaths came out in white vapors and goose-bumps dotted her forearms. She looked around as she rested and saw an oil pump in the distance. Beyond that she saw some sheds and what looked like a large oil tank of some sort. The woman finally took off at a jog towards the oil company equipment.
- Lawndale's Finest: The Dark Knight, by NightGoblyn (Chapter 4, Part 4): The Gotham east side got cold at night, when the sun went down and the wind started blowing off the Atlantic. More so on the rooftops, most of which are barren and open to the cutting knife of the wind. The moon was obscured behind the thin, scudding clouds, almost like it couldn’t stand to look down on Gotham. Sometimes, I know exactly how it feels, Batgirl thought.
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fanfic Should Have: TGIF), by Roentgen (COMPLETE!): Daria Morgendorffer and Jane Lane walked into Ms. Li's office. They had been called out of Mr. O'Neill's class over the intercom and they entered the room with a mixture of dread and relief - it got them out of a test. "Ms. Morgendorffer, Ms. Lane," said Principal Li, "this is a new student at Lawndale High and I want you to introduce her to everybody. I wanted her to be treated very nicely." "Hi!" said the blonde girl. "My name's Luann! Luann DeGroot!"